Manchester United FC 2013/14

If Rooney is sulking and comes off the bench to contribute 2 assists that is fine by me. Moyes turning to the senior pros to do the business today was a masterstroke.

Fully agreed re rooney. His starting eleven smacked of a chap so shit scared of failure he just decided to go with what Ferguson did. Having said that, he’s obviously spent a few weeks blowing golden wind up welbeck, and for that i’m delighted.

What id give to have a Marco Reus at Utd.

Yea and maybe one of his team mates might even acknowledge him the next day.

:rolleyes:

Sluggish display but three points attained. Januzaj looked the part when introduced but the sending off killed Palace. He’s still young enough and very light, nice introduction today all the same.

Fellaini should be a good addition, still lacking some creativity in the middle. He’ll surely start against city against week, he’ll at least compete physically with Toure.

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 831809, member: 1552”]

Fellaini should be a good addition, still lacking some creativity in the middle. He’ll surely start against city against week, he’ll at least compete physically with Toure.[/quote]

He should start alright. Anderson should have played his last pl game for United today. He was woeful bar 1 pass for Young in the 2nd half. Should have been moved on along with a few others in the window.

Anderson has the ability but just couldn’t be arsed applying himself. A couple of months after he signed he dominated Gerrard at Anfield, walked all over him and looked the business. Has never kicked on though and should be turfed out at this stage. Has had countless opportunities to nail down a place, his physical conditioning is a disgrace for a pro at a club of United’s stature.

Young is a very decent player on his day but his diving is embarrassing at this stage. Not befitting of a United player. Deservedly booked today, hope Moyes has a word with him. Leave antics like that to Suarez.

It was rather fitting that his last action before being hauled off today was falling over the ball.

It was embarrassing. Fellaini had a tidy enough 30 mins. He should start on Tuesday. Kagawa had the flu apparently so thats why he wasnt involved. I wonder why Nani wasnt involved today. Id have him playing instead of Young/Valencia.

Moysie has said that he will play Rooney upfront this season and not in midfield. With that in mind, what is United’s best midfield this season. I would say probably Fellaini, Kagawa, Carrick and Valencia(provided he regains some form). Can you play Kagawa and Fellaini in the same team with 2 strikers up top?

I fear for United this season based on the number of average English players we have. I fear that Moyes will opt for Cleverly and Welbeck in a lot of games purely based on the fact that they are in the England squad.

For the midfield you are suggesting to work Kagawa would have to play on the left wing which would be a waste of his ability and would make jurgen klupp cry. Dropping Carrick is the solution along with selling cleverly, welbeck, young and nani.

[quote=“giloppy, post: 832915, member: 2390”]I fear for United this season based on the number of average English players we have. I fear that Moyes will opt for Cleverly and Welbeck in a lot of games purely based on the fact that they are in the England squad.

For the midfield you are suggesting to work Kagawa would have to play on the left wing which would be a waste of his ability and would make jurgen klupp cry. Dropping Carrick is the solution along with selling cleverly, welbeck, young and nani.[/quote]
For it to work, Kagawa would have to play, full stop.

True

[quote=“giloppy, post: 832915, member: 2390”]I fear for United this season based on the number of average English players we have. I fear that Moyes will opt for Cleverly and Welbeck in a lot of games purely based on the fact that they are in the England squad.

For the midfield you are suggesting to work Kagawa would have to play on the left wing which would be a waste of his ability and would make jurgen klupp cry. Dropping Carrick is the solution along with selling cleverly, welbeck, young and nani.[/quote]
All of these are sub-standard alright but Carrick has been playing as a “defensive” midfielder for United the last couple of seasons. I think Rooney on the left and Kagawa playing off Van Persie would be worth a try.

My preference would be for a 4-3-3 with fellaini amd carrick sitting and kagawa in a more advanced midfield role. Rooney on the left and valencia/welbeck on the right. However i dont think rooney would buy into playing on the left and would throw a strop.

Why would you play him on the left? He plays through the centre of no where for me. How he accommodates Rooney and Kagawa I dont know, and he probably doesn’t want to as he’s a very conservative manager, but those two roaming between midfield and the box could cause serious damage.

I’d say Kagawa’s days are numbered at United-Moyes will not play him and Fellaini in the same team unless one is playing off the striker. Shame as he was outstanding at Dortmund-don’t know if the kick and rush style of the EPL suits him.

I’d be glad to find out if it does while he wears a Liverpool shirt.