Manchester United FC 2013/14

Been away for the last few days so only catching up on everything now. From the stories coming out it seems that Moyes never, at any point, won over the dressing room - bar Rooney maybe.

Van Gaal seems like the obvious choice given the fact that Ancelotti has a club. I can’t see any bolter from the pack coming through at this point that will pacify (sadly) the Glazers and the sponsors equally and Simeone would be a mad man to walk away from the Athletico.

I reckon it’ll be Van Gaal and he’ll end up opting for Giggs or Neville (Gary) as his assistant rather than Keane.

Keane to walk out on Ireland for a second time?

That was a misunderstanding the first time.

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 936188, member: 306”]Been away for the last few days so only catching up on everything now. From the stories coming out it seems that Moyes never, at any point, won over the dressing room - bar Rooney maybe.

Van Gaal seems like the obvious choice given the fact that Ancelotti has a club. I can’t see any bolter from the pack coming through at this point that will pacify (sadly) the Glazers and the sponsors equally and Simeone would be a mad man to walk away from the Athletico.

I reckon it’ll be Van Gaal and he’ll end up opting for Giggs or Neville (Gary) as his assistant rather than Keane.[/QUOTE]

do you not think in this case with Moyes, that it was more the fans and players who needed to be pacified. It seemed, albeit from afar, that the owners and club itself wasnt too worried and there was never any rumour of disquiet etc with them, but more the fans and players were the ones bitching the whole time.

It was the case, however the experience has taught the owners a harsh lesson in the importance of not taking a chance due to the financial implications brought on by the expectations of the sponsors. Not very romantic but completely rational from a business point of view.

It escapes me now but I saw some columnist writing that if this malaise happened with the Buccs then the Glazers would act much quicker as they are more familiar with the NFL. I found this humorous.

The next manager in there will need to gut that dressing room of its pack of disgusting backstabbers.

I don’t see how, Pelligrini didn’t have to nor did Mourihno.

If reports are to be believed and we have no reason not to, these players never even gave the new manager a shot, not the same as Jose and Manuel.

The Chelsea players never gave AVB a chance and the City players stabbed Mancini in the back.

AVB was succeeded by Di Matteo.

What players stabbed Mancini in the back?

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 936222, member: 180”]AVB was succeeded by Di Matteo.

What players stabbed Mancini in the back?[/QUOTE]

Players that need to go:
Rooney,
Welbeck,
Cleverly,
Young,
Carrick,
RVP,
Evra,
Buttner,
Rafael,
Ferdinand

#MoyesOut

Stop worrying about other clubs and look at your own shite house.

Tevez

AVB was sacked because he lost the dressing room, the players involved are still at Chelsea today.

Mancini is on record saying that players went to the chairman and owners behind his back.

The same Tevez that contributed handsomely to the end of season that won Mancini the league with City? The same player who wore the captains armband subsequently? The same player who wasnt at the Club when Mancini departed?

Wind your neck the fuck back in.

Coming from a limerick man? Good one!

[QUOTE=“Mullach Ide, post: 936237, member: 141”]AVB was sacked because he lost the dressing room, the players involved are still at Chelsea today.

Mancini is on record saying that players went to the chairman and owners behind his back.[/QUOTE]
Not sure what the first paragraph has to do with Mourinho?

Which players stabbed Mancini in the back though?

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 936241, member: 180”]Not sure what the first paragraph has to do with Mourinho?

Which players stabbed Mancini in the back though?[/QUOTE]

Your comments about the united squad being a pack of backstabbers and a new manager needing to clear them out is relevant to both Mourinho and Pellegrini as both inherited squads that were implicit in the sackings of previous managers.

Not for Mourinho as he had managed there previously and had a strong working relationship with the senior players. Perhaps were Feeguson to return your point may turn out be be valid.

There you go again… always deflecting and never willing to deal with the issue at hand.