Manchester United Football Club 20/21

Not strictly a top club but itā€™s a good comparison. How long did he last as manager?

Is that what annoys you so much about ole ? He finished fourth in his first full season in charge and has man united challenging for the title in his second season. It sort of reveals the likes of Klopp as a bit of a spoofer.

1 Like

I just think heā€™s a total waste of time as a manager he doesnā€™t seem in any way impressive or inspiring and seems a little bit dim tbh. He has a very good squad of players but I canā€™t see them contending for any serious prizes under him but time will tell I suppose. Heā€™s the polar opposite of klopp whoā€™s totally over achieving.

When he took over it was generally accepted the squad was awful.

Itā€™s hardly by accident the squad is now decent.

Sherwood was appointed caretaker manager two days before Christmas 2013 when Villa Boas was sacked after a 0-5 home defeat to Liverpool. Spurs were 6th when Sherwood took over and finished the season 6th. Chairman Dan let Sherwood go at the of the season and Pochettino took over.

Coach Ole was appointed caretaker manager a few days before Christmas 2018 when The Special One was sacked after a defeat at Liverpool. Man U were 6th when Coach Ole took over and finished the season 6th. Coach Ole unlike Sherwood got the gig full time.

2 Likes

Jurgen Klopp at Dortmund
Emery at Valencia

Lampard?

Jurgen Klopp had already done quite well at Mainz.

1 Like

As had Ole at Molde.

Might be a bit early for talk of a title challenge. Everton were top a few weeks ago donā€™t forget. United are a much improved side since Bruno Fernandes arrival but I still feel that they need a quality CB and CDM.

Lampard is probably one of chelseas top 5 players of all time. Think heā€™s their top scorer is he?

Iā€™m fairly sure after the first round of games I told you Iā€™d start taking note of the table after ten games or so. Obviously this season is different but I think the table has taken shape.

Olly scored a goal to win a Europen cup and scored many important goals.

He got to see more football than most top level pros :laughing:

He also was injured a lot.

In 20 years time Liverpool fans will be pleading for Coach Divock to be given more time

3 Likes

Are you saying subs canā€™t be good coaches ? Klopp, Jose And poch werenā€™t great players.

He wouldnā€™t make Uniteds top 20 players of his era.

I thought the same myself in 2016/17 when Liverpool were 2nd and on Chelseaā€™s coattails at New Years but ended up 4th. Iā€™d have Man City as favourites, Liverpool weakened by Van Dijks absence as a close 2nd. Spurs as 3rd and then Man Utd/Chelsea as teams in the ā€œconversationā€ as Brendan Rodgers used to call it.

Given his laidback demeanour I reckon his tenure would be tremendous funšŸ˜…

1 Like

Liverpoolā€™s defensive record has improved significantly since Van dijk got injured. Iā€™m not sure heā€™s a loss.

I think itā€™s wide open. Itā€™ll be a funny season. I wouldnā€™t rule many out.