Manchester United Football Club 20/21

I’m hopping like sausages in a pan

1 Like

WTF?

Andy Cole doesn’t have the voice for this punditry game

A beaten docket

He’s a gobshite

If we win 10-0 we go top.

You’re the one with the poorly conceived argument. Citing tough scheduling over the Christmas period for Man U ahead of their home clash with Aston Villa tonight when in fact Man U have had a much less taxing Christmas schedule than tonight’s opponents Aston Villa.

Log out you dinosaur

Oh shit. We’re in for a tough night. Anyway UTV

What channel pls?

Sky Sports Main event and Premier league

1 Like

It’s okay. If they win by more than 10 they’ll do like the underage matches and only publish the score as 10-0 in the paper.

Im not sure why you persist with this abject stupidity. Aston villa have indeed had a tough fixture list. Theyve had 5 games in the same 15 days in which Man utd have had 6 fixtures.
You seem to be suggesting that the fact that Aston Villa are away tonight makes it more tiring. Theve had 2 home games and 3 away games in that 5 game run. Man utd have also played away 3 times in that time. Most cruelly, they played away against Everton on Wednesday 23rd dec at 8pm and were expected to play away again at 12.30 on Stephen’s day.
Please stop running into my fist.

Aston Villa have had 5 fixtures since 17 December as opposed to Man U having 6 fixtures since 17 December because Aston Villa didn’t make it to the quarter finals of the League Cup.

Man U changed something like 9 of their starting line up for that said League Cup quarter final at Everton from their previous fixture at home to Leeds. That’s the benefit of such a strong and lavishly assembled squad. You can largely field reserve teams in domestic cup competitions and still win. Against Leicester on Boxing Day, Pogba, Greenwood, Van de Beek and Cavani all started on the bench. An embarrassment of playing riches.

That’s embarrassing Dan. A long-winded post confirming Man Utd have indeed had to play an extra game than Villa, who themselves were hard done by.
Any chance you could consult your famous almanac and check if 6 games in 15 days is a record of some sort.

1 Like

Shifting the goalposts there anyway

Soft EPL era whinging footix types. 6 games in 15 days is nowhere near a record. Spurs played 7 games within 14 days between 1-15 May 1982, 8 games in 16 days between 1-17 May 1982. That was the season where Spurs were chasing a quadruple for most of the season and the fixture pile up caused by chasing on four fronts was compounded by nearly a month of the season snowed off by the Big Freeze of December 81/January 82

Get the fuck out of this thread you utter bore.

1 Like

Are we including League cup games in these statistics? Sure the League Cup is a second string tournament. By lads reckoning on here Liverpool played a league cup game and World Cup semi-final within 24 hours of each other in December 2019.

1 Like

@Juhniallio posed a question of me, I provided an answer. Nothing to do with you.