Manchester United Football Club 20/21

Ole is a genius if he gets that lot to miss the drop

Didn’t realise tonight was straight knock out.

It’s tomorrow I think. There is extra time if required.

1 Like

Playing every 3 or 4 days will surely take its toll. The one thing ole has been very poor at is rotating the squad so hopefully he’s learned from the past two seasons.

I’d say he’ll make a lot of changes for Watford in the cup and Cavani will probably start the Burnley game when he’s back from suspension.

1 Like

It’s a semi final so they have to go for it but he’ll surely throw the FA cup? The league is there for any number of clubs this year… A title run is surely worth more to the fans than a cup?

I’d go for the title anyway but that’s just me. Man united squad is big enough in a funny type of way. Outside of bruno, rashford and avb(no other option) there isn’t many players that are vital to the starting team.

There’s 18 or 19 “good players” in the squad but for man united to win the league a few players are really going to have to step up.

De gea seems to be back in form and bailley is an upgrade on Lindelof but injury prone. Greenwood and martial will need To rediscover their form of last season too. Pogba is more than capable of leading man united to win this league but he’s also just as likely to throw in a transfer request and down tools.

I think man united have a decent chance of winning this league. They are continually dismissed which is of a huge benefit I find in these races.

Anyway it’s just great to be in the mix. 7 seasons since a title challenge is too long.

1 Like

What has them in the running is their squad… They’re no longer relying on the likes of Linegard . If any team can get a small bit ahead of the pack, that’s the team who’ll win it. But if City win games in hand they’ll be the team to beat.

City should win their next 6 games. Villa the only team in top half they have to play and that’s at home.

Coach Ole has to deliver the title from this point. A club as big as Manchester United has to demand it.

Agreed if they win the title and get knocked out of the next round of all cups I’ll be happy. Then build into next year challenging to defend the title and look for a CL run. Ole is here for the long term

They might not get as good a chance in a while

The club is a basket case and the squad is a mess but they’ve still a good chance. It won’t be easy and they’ll need a bit of luck. Bailley staying fit, de gea regaining his form and pogba actually trying a leg would be huge.

It would be the biggest shock apart from Leicester in the last 30 or 40 years if they win it. There were people openly laughing at the suggestion they might even challenge at the start and I doubt there would ever have been a longer odds winner (bar Leicester). Still can’t see it happening. They’ve gone on half decent runs before but it always falls apart.

They are 6/1 to win it. Decent odds.

Unbelievable and they’re literally in poll position. Even 6 to 1 now would probably make them one of the biggest odds winners ever. That’s how little is thought of ole and those players. What price were they at the start?

It’s not a normal season tho… The virus has hit a few camps and will hit more. It can affect momentum as well as player form… If any team can get 6/7 points out in front that’s it done.

That’s true which probably makes it more surprising that are so unfancied by the professional money makers given they are more or less top in January. I know they are a man utd and have a billion pound squad but they were no hopers at the start and some think they still are

The Europa League and domestic cups are handy for keeping fringe players in decent shape. An underappreciated advantage

An injury to Bruno and they’re fucked. But they have a decent squad and haven’t had any injuries so far… They’re getting wins in tight games also. Very similar to Liverpool last year.

I pointed out last season that utd’s main problems was leaders. The younger lads were looking up to Pogba and Linegard as their example… Bruno, and Cavani this season, have changed that. Maguire and Baiily look to be of the same mould… A lot of what Liverpool did over the last couple of years was from pros like Milner and Henderson setting the standard.

1 Like