Manchester United Football Club 20/21

I’m amused you think 60k pissed up arseholes don’t have some influence on the game.

Just because the players are “multi millionaire professionals” doesn’t mean they are machines and immune to the psychological inspiration \ intimidation that the fans can generate.

It hasn’t been borne out in results.

60k pissed up arseholes probably don’t affect the result.

But leaving Od Trafford out of it for now in other cases home fans do help results.

They don’t. There is minuscule differences

Any team news today @caulifloweredneanderthal? I hope it’s a mix of subs/youth…

So there is a difference

.09 ppg. Put that down to fans if you want.

Lads desperately want to feel like they’re making a difference

With 88 Premier League games having been played this season, we are almost a quarter of the way through.

The majority of games have ended in an away win – 43 per cent. This compares to 38 per cent of games which have been won by the home team, and a 19 per cent have ended in a draw.

Looking back over the years, this shows a big increase in the number of away wins. Last season the figure was 31 per cent, a year earlier it was 34 per cent and in 17/18 it was just 28 per cent.

So, if your team is playing away from home in an empty stadium, they appear to have more chance of winning than if they were playing against a home crowd. This will be especially of value to football gamblers, who wager on games from big leagues each week.

1 Like

Did you read my link?

None yet pal

What time is kick off

5pm

1 Like

That’ll do :+1:

Don’t think the sides have met at Anfield behind closed doors. But I’d give City a decent chance of breaking their Anfield duck next month.

Home advantage is massive in rugby too. Teams consider a bonus point defeat away from home against the likes of Clermont to be a good result.

@cunty_balls

Even better. I read your mind.

This means more

I think what the pandemic is showing is that mangers that rely on emotion and getting the crowd behind the team to mask their own tactical/technical deficiencies are being found out, e.g. Neil Lennon, Jurgen Klopp. But tactically astute managers are thriving when all that emotion and noise is stripped away, e.g. Brendan Rodgers, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Steven Gerrard.

5 Likes

Great point. Also that 2 out of 3 managers considered excellent have managed a Welsh Club. I’d expect Big MIck McCarthy’s stock to rise hugely when he gets the sack from Cardiff in 2 months time.

Where do you get the team updates from?