Manchester United Football Club 20/21

It’s going to difficult for United without a full Stretford End roaring them on.

1 Like

I’m amused people think 60k pissed up arseholes, singing ridiculous songs, have an effect on the result of a match

1 Like

Ah the adrenaline from the crowd does make a difference. Not a hope that middling Liverpool team would have won the Champions League in 2005 without the frenzied support in games at Anfield en route to the final.

1 Like

How quaint, sure thousands of them left at half time

I was talking about the games against the likes of superior Juve and Chelsea teams en route to the final more so. It’s not far removed from a practice match/training ground when there’s no supporters there. Places like Galatasaray are suddenly less intimidating.

It’s literally been proven in every sport home advantage is factored into results.

2 Likes

Very twee

You think who is watching and what song they’re singing has an affect on how a multi millionaire professional does his job

Home advantage is still there without the “12th” man.

Go figure

Far higher percentage of away wins for teams since the return to play in front of no fans.

Edinson, I want you to go out and play for the fans today son.

I partially agree with @EstebanSexface.
Previously it was assumed pressure from the crowd was influencing weak PL referees. Thankfully, Mark Clattenburg has confirmed it is merely institutional bias.

1 Like

:grinning::rofl:

This is definitive. Fuck all difference without “fans”

Sure look at Man City’s record at Anfield for instance. No win there since 2003 despite having superior teams from 2010-2019. Do they just not like the surface there?

When I won county and provincial senior medals as a mere 15 year old it made no difference whatsoever. When you’re in the kill zone you’re in the kill zone. Honestly.

They lost without fans as well. And they lost to liverpool at City.

The fans make fuck all difference in the modern game.

You’re a lot like Wooly. Glittering underage GAA career but reached new heights in the arena of the INTERNET.

I must say, I got dogs abuse from the shed in midleton one night from one of our own, but that was because I’d fucked him out of the pub for being drunk the week before and he took a set against me. I was playing well up to that

2 Likes

Liverpool have always been an emotive club with a special bond with their fans. Like Celtic, Dortmund, Ajax , Napoli… certain clubs are like a cult.

1 Like

When there was a majority of scousers playing, maybe, just maybe there would have been a slight difference.

Not now. Not with the money