Manchester United Football Club 20/21

What an honourable gentleman :clap:

Man Utd’s Woodward ‘felt unable to support’ ESL project

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

I have just been told a bit more detail around the departure of Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward at the end of the year.

Woodward’s exit was confirmed by United on Tuesday evening, with the announcement brought forward due to the imminent leak of the news.

I have been told Woodward tendered his resignation on Monday because he felt unable to support United joining the European Super League, which now won’t be happening anyway.

Woodward has been a hugely influential presence at the European Clubs Association and helped broker the new Champions League format Uefa confirmed on Monday.

That’ll show them.

These English protestors’ blocking training grounds and standing outside the stadia with their slogans emblazoned on soiled bedsheets are pathetic.

If this was South America, the owners and suits would be murdered already, and the manager possibly kidnapped for good measure.

3 Likes

Or the fans would have disappeared.

1 Like

Who are they hoping buys the club? Someone against making money?

You’d have to be hoping for legislation to be introduced to get a 50 +1 arrangement but good luck getting that in a capitalist society.

I hope the glazers hand back all the money they’ve stolen from the club.

I hope to ride Jessica Alba mate

15 Likes

Stolen?

Yes stolen.

Care to elaborate?

While doing so you can start to collect and return all that money you stole from the bookies.

I think since abramovic took over Chelsea he’s put about 500 million into Chelsea. In the same period the glazers have lined their own pockets to the tune of a 100 million.

These guys need to be ran off.

1 Like

How much have Man Utd spent on players in this time?

1.5 Billion

3 Likes

They’ve spent the clubs own money.

The glazers haven’t put any of their own money in and worst of all they’ve again out loans as well against the club.

Capitalism is a bitch.

1 Like

I actually went and totted it up there … Almost £1.3 billion since 2003.

Don’t forget the £9m on Cavani’s agent

4 Likes

Can they keep the additional income they’ve generated in the same time period?

ÂŁ575k a week on goalkeepers wages