Manchester United Football Club 20/21

I thought they had borrowed most of it and secured the debt against club assets? Itā€™s the club paying the debt interest not the Glazers.

About a third of it bud.they borrowd from hedge funds at a high interest rate. Itā€™ll never be paid back

1 Like

Iā€™d say that 100 million is on the low side. In the first 6 months of last year they paid themselves dividends of nearly 25 million.

100 mil each Iā€™d say

Sold a good shot of shares recently to pay debts.

They floated it years ago and bought bonds. Unless ye get an oil baron that debt is forever

Be closer to it alright.

Constant rollover . The interest bill is nuts

Man United finished outside the top 4 in 2014,2016,2017 and 2019 and they managed just fine. They actually went on a relative spending spree most of those summers.

A bit like a countrys national debt. Just keep servicing it and donā€™t be worrying, itā€™ll be grand

Nope they sold shares about two months ago to pay debts.

That first part isnā€™t true at all. If man united continually finish outside the top four the whole house of cards collapses. All the sponsorship deals disappear.

The reason they spent the summers they finished outside the top four is because they know how important finishing in the champions league places is and Itā€™s imperative they get back in immediately.

I think youā€™re overestimating how important the Champions League money is to Man United. Itā€™s a relative pittance. Signing the likes of Paul Pogba garners far more money in sales Iā€™d imagine. Sure he was appearing in Champions League adverts for Heineken last year when his club were plying their trade in the Europa League.

No itā€™s in the sponsorship deals. If they donā€™t make CL they donā€™t get paid the full amount.

The oligarchs will stump up the cash for agents fees no questions asked.

1 Like

Huh? Where did I say that? Please bring up the post where I said that.

@ChairmanDan ???

Singing the praises of Abramovich and the Chelsea model.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a comparison between two owners. I didnā€™t sing any praises.

Itā€™s a very odd leap youā€™ve made.

The local Man U fans must really hate the Eire footix that travel over after JP McManus and Magnier sold out to the Glazers. A wise move from @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy to switch his allegiances elsewhere.

1 Like