Manchester United Football Club 20/21

Roma won’t be paying what United want. It’s a buyer’s market.

Is Smalling not better than Phil Jones?

Jones will be sold as well and Rojo but yes he is.

The Italian sides are nuts. Look at the deal inter done for Sanchez and young. Smalling is probably more valuable than the two of those. I think united will get 20 million for him anyway.

Huh.

Utd paid Sanchez off to join Inter on a free.

Young joined for a nominal fee after rejecting a longer term deal at United.

Smalling is adamant he only wants Roma which means United won’t get what they want, it’s not how the market works.

1 Like

What are your sources saying ?

Sanchez was 400k a week. They paid off half that. That was an amazing deal for man united. I’m shocked anybody took him off the books at all even at 200k a week. Mental inter are paying him anything.

Same goes for young. Nuts anybody took him off United.

He’ll be sold for 20 million which is amazing business.

So United paid a guy off nearly the amount he will earn at Inter over 3 years and you think that’s a good bit of business by Utd?

:dizzy_face:

United desperately wanted to keep Young.

1 Like

Yes I was resigned to the fact he’d sit in the reserves for 2 years. United would have paid him 20 million. In stead they paid him 10 million. I actually can’t believe any club took him off the books at man united.

Young was on a huge wage, not really a guaranteed anymore and Really he was shite. Again madness by inter to sign him. Great from uniteds point of view to get him off the books.

He only started threw games between October and January.

He was only being offered a one year extension by United.

Why did they want to keep him and offer him a new contract?

Cover at left back to allow Williams to develop.

He gets to start for Inter.

They were going to pay a 34 year old ÂŁ5m a year to be cover at left back for a rookie?

You seem to have a good grasp of what a contract extensions means.

He’d been in a non starting role on that contract already.

Seems like an extortionate amount to pay for a backup player with little resale value, to a rookie player who doesn’t really look up to the job in the first place.

Especially with Shaw still on the books

Yeah, it’s almost like the explanation doesn’t seem plausible.

It’s almost like they can’t accept that Inter Milan are probably deemed a bigger club these days and money is all United can offer to dissuade players.

1 Like

If you can you find one united fan who didn’t want young to leave I’d be astounded.