Manchester United Football Club 20/21

Presumably whoever offered him a contract is a ā€˜fanā€™ in some sense of the word

Yet the club wanted to keep him at a cost of Ā£5m+ a year, where he would have no resale value, to act as understudy to a rookie who doesnā€™t really look up to the job?

Seems a bit bonkers.

Iā€™m not sure what you are getting at Here at all? Iā€™m absolutely thrilled heā€™s gone. It would have been a terrible decision to keep him at the time and also in hindsight.

I wouldnā€™t call them fans anyway.

Iā€™d imagine shaw with his injury profile and Williams being so young was the reasoning. Also young is meant to be a decent fella and had some bit of respect around the dressing room. (Iā€™m not sure what that counts for tbh).

Itā€™s an awful move by inter to sign him if they are serious about winning the serie a and being competitive in the champions league.

Serie A is the EPL B league.

3 Likes

Bit generous. I reckon Brentford would do well there.

2 Likes

Ckearly the people at the company managing Manchester United thought it was Strongbo an astute decision to go on paying someone the same for the role that they were playing.

In Italy this money would have been used to bribe the referees.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. They may have used it to pay for sex with underage girls.

2 Likes

A league for lads whose legs are gone.

1 Like

It will slowly dawn on you as you get older, and (hopefully) wiser, that itā€™s not your money, and you may as well get enthusiastic about Aldi getting a good price from the supplier of multipack sausages.

Yes but paying somebody way too much is never a good idea as you end up paying other players too much money as well. What happens then Is you canā€™t sign the players you want/need as you donā€™t have any money to spare. Itā€™s a relatively simple concept.

:joy::joy::joy:

Looks like heā€™s off to Barcelona. Another van gaal disaster.

Depay is a very good player who should have been given more of an opportunity at Utd.

You were saying a few weeks back United should have kept Van gaal.

Himself and Jose set him back years. I agree though he is a good player but Iā€™m not sure Barcelona is the right move either at this point.

Zaha and depay would have been both on the books during that moyes/Van gaal and Jose period. Two good players who would be well ahead of the likes of lingard and nearly every other wide option weā€™ve had in that period.

Utd should have kept Van Gaal.

Mourinho got shot of Depay, he was a regular under Van Gaal, he had one season in a new league at 21 years of age and Mourinho ran him.

Bizarre how you can equate blame to Van Gaal there.

Depay blasted Van gaal in his book.

Depay and Van gaal has several goes at each other sense as well.

I think shaw getting injured that day v PSV didnā€™t help but Van gaal managed him terribly.