Manchester United Football Club 20/21

Heā€™s a much better striker than martial would be the main benefit Iā€™d imagine.

For a free signing like him Iā€™d imagine youā€™d be paying about 10 million or so with that being split between a signing on fee and an agents fee.

This reminds me of the time Liverpool Football Club signed Mario Balotelli.

4 Likes

So heā€™ll be keeping a young player who just had his best season out. Fantastic bit of business that by Woodward

Itā€™s reminds me a little of when Barca signed Henrik Larson.

Your absolutely seething :joy:

There is plenty of room for both in the squad. Martial can play wide left as well. Itā€™s not the 1960s you arenā€™t going to play the same player for 90 minutes for 38 games.

Interesting character this agent.

And interesting insight into the motivation of the player

ā€œIf it were for money,ā€ the agent said, ā€œEdi would have gone to England, Manchester or Chelsea.ā€

With every single signing thereā€™s some sort of risk but basically swapping Chris smalling for Cavani is an absolute no brainer for me particularly given itā€™s a short term contract.

Heā€™ll be motivated to play to get another contract at least. If it was a 3 or 4 year deal youā€™d have awful concerns but this is good business for the numbers reported.

More like Karl Heinz Reidle or Jari Litmanen or Robbie Fowler.

Lads at the arse end of a career.

Enjoy the 24 hours.

Youā€™d have to say the agent has played a blinder hereā€¦ Cavani is still a fine player but Iā€™m not sure heā€™s what Utd needā€¦ Midfield and defence are the issue.

Heā€™s very handsome, that canā€™t be overlooked

Yep we badly need to add to matic, Fred, pogba, Bruno, donny van de beek and McTominay. Thatā€™s really the issue.

Yes, defensively thereā€™s massive issues. Teams are cutting through utds midfield.

He has a great bit of cut to him too.

But I bet heā€™s still a gentle lover

1 Like

Saw a report yesterday suggesting that Leeds are primed to bid ā‚¬25 million for Dan James. OGS wanted to accept and put towards Sancho fee but Woodward was more reluctant.

Iā€™m not so sure that is great business imo. Iā€™m not gone on sancho at all.

ā‚¬25m for James :rofl::rofl:, cost ā‚¬15m a season ago?