Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

In your previous post you said people who say “we” are “excessively annoying”

That’s some backtrack

They were very lucky to get two and should have lost the 1999 and 2008 finals

They were never in the hunt in the other finals they reached

I don’t think there was one other year they could be said to have been unlucky

Maybe 2004 v Porto but they would not have won the competition, that was one of their weakest teams

Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and AC Milan routinely schooled them over two legs

I think it’s a bit odd did they didn’t fluke a win one of the years like Liverpool in 05 and 19 or Chelsea in 13 or whatever year they won it alright but man United were rarely the dominant team in England. You always had a title challenge. Arsenal early 00s, Chelsea for most of that decade and Liverpool under rafa and then man city. I can’t think of any champions leagues man United left behind.

Man Utd won about 13 of the first 20 titles after it changed to the Premier League. Fairly dominant if you ask me. The Premier League was about the 6th or 7th best league in Europe in the 90s though in fairness so hard to compete

What I meant they weren’t winning handy titles. Ya id say between 85 and 05 United were the only English to get to the European final. United are the only English side to win the league and European cup in the same season in the last 30 years or so.

By what measure was it the 6th or 7th best league in Europe?

They had crab passing flat track bullies like Roy keane in the team . They were geared to fail .

3 Likes

There was no title challenger in 2000 or 2001 or 2013, they were one horse races

Neither was there much of a formidable challenge to them in 1994, 1997, 2008 or 2011

In 2009 they always had the significant advantage, being 11 points up before Liverpool beat them 4-1

There was no year where their domestic exertions could have been any excuse for failure in Europe other than 1999 when they overcame that

No other english team bar United done anything in Europe.

And they’ve done it twice. I don’t think any other english team has even won the league and got to a final in the last 30 years? United Have done it 4 times.

Completely untrue

Arsenal and Chelsea won European trophies

In fact Arsenal reached three European finals between 1994 and 2000

Nobody cares about the little league sid. There’s only one European cup.

Chelsea could have in 2005 only a phantom goal was given against them in the semis

And Liverpool are champions of it

Not champions of their own league so it’s just another fluke.

Liverpool beat Chelsea up a stick that night

Your seethe is wonderful

This is destroying your life isn’t it

1 Like

Ya true simple facts since 85 United are the only english side to win their league and reach a European cup/champions league final in the same season. They managed it four times. It’s really tough.

1 Like

Not at all. It was largely an irrevlance tbh. I was out for dinner Saturday evening. Anybody I’ve talked to including fans of both sides said the game was awful. Neither team is a league winner so it’s unsurprising the occasion got to both sets of players.

Simple fact is Liverpool are European royalty and Manchester United aren’t

Pedigree counts for a lot and Manchester don’t have it