Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

Be a shame to waste that extensive scouting portfolio, I wonder could it be sold on?

Whatā€™s his kink? I guess when your worth ā‚¬100m youā€™d get away with most things

26 of Unitedā€™s 27 goals this season have been scored or assisted by youth players.

That must be some youth team. Was the other one an OG?

1 Like

Raiola is his agent. Iā€™d stay the fuck away as heā€™ll be angling for a move every couple of years.

That and heā€™s dog shit useless.

I havenā€™t been that impressed by him. Jadon Sancho is linked too but heā€™s been having discipline issues as well so Iā€™d stay away. Itā€™s midfield Iā€™d be looking at anyway. While McTominsy, Fred and Pogba could be decent there isnā€™t really anybody else. We need depth at the very least.

Utd look like they need two CBs and a central midfielder ā€” Rice merely fits the mold of Phil Jones and the likes - youā€™re not going to build a team around him. They need to go out and get the best and no more about it. They have the makings of a decent attack - probably need another top striker but that defence needs major work.

Full backs are a huge issue for Man United.

They need to build a back four around Maguire. Heā€™s very good. Youā€™re at nothing with Ashley Young.

Ashely doesnā€™t start anymore. Brandon Williams is a brilliant player. United defense is decent think only Leicester and Liverpool have conceded less. The real issue is a midfielder to take Control of a game.

They need a change of manager and get someone decent who can determine whether or not the current players are up to it or not first. I suspect many of them are not but buying the guts of a new team with this manager in charge is the equivalent of throwing good money after bad.

The best thing United could do now is bring in Pochettino. Itā€™s what they should have done last summer instead of making the other fella permanent.

1 Like

City, Liverpool, Leicester and Sheffield United have conceded less and Cityā€™s defence is shambolic

youā€™re lauding Man Unitedā€™s attack here and theyā€™ve only scored 19 goals.

That is less than 6 other clubs, including Sean Dyches Burnley

I dunno how you come the conclusions. You must have a really poor understanding of the game. OGS has signed three players and while Maguire has been decent AVB and James have been brilliant. Heā€™s also made a really good fist of clearing out the dead wood. Heā€™s made a serious job of turning the squad inside out in under 12 months. He also given the likes of Tuanzebe, Greenwood and Williams some decent game time. With one arm tied around his back OGS has done fairly well.

Irish EPL fans love a manger change and a raft of transfers. It takes time to build a team. You canā€™t just keep throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks like Liverpool did for 25 years. The likes of Jones and Rojo need to be moved on next.

1 Like

Iā€™m not lauding the attack at all. I think itā€™s being badly hammered by ineffectual midfield but it has a lot of positives. We havenā€™t got martial, rashford and James on the field at one time too often this season.

Ole needs time to bring these young lads through

1 Like

Its the worst start to a season by Man U over the first 13 matches of the season, since season 1986/87, which cost Ron Atkinson his job.

Youā€™ve a very short term view. Throw the toys out of the pram due a few bad results. Youā€™ll never get long term success with that attitude.

Hopefully ole gets the same time as Louis, David and Jose. United are not a sacking club

1 Like

Itā€™s a very different job to the one moyes took over so I donā€™t see the comparison. England took over the champions of England and turned them into a mess and a shambles. We probably still havenā€™t recovered from that clown.