Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

The 6 peak ones were Sancho, Di Maria, Maguire, Lukaku, Sanchez and Pogba. Sanchez was done physically, but I’d much rather see them buy from this tier than the likes of Donny et cetera. They need to be more careful with what they are bringing in that emerging and mid-tier as well as what they are paying.

Van der Ven was a big miss this season.

Seems they were ignored or felt they could iron them out.

Woeful trainer and had massive time keeping issues too. He’d a number of fines and what not at Dortmund.

I had a good chuckle about this at the time and it’s only gotten funnier

4 Likes

He is a brilliant, versatile, technical and creative footballer who rarely loses the ball though.

I’d be the complete opposite.

Try and identify young players on way less wages and who are easier to move on if they don’t work out.

Sorry, what I mean is I think the idea to bring those guys in at the time was sound, bar Sancho who isn’t a winger, I’d like to see him play centrally.

The gas thing is as bad as he looked managing from touchline everything big Ralf said about what was wrong there has proven correct. He can be ignored of course as he was tactically inept… convenient

Again Rangnick got a result v villa. Late winner. Old Trafford was rocking.

Next day greenwood news broke and they were basically woeful for the rest of the season.

Similar to this summer the greenwood thing is all over the news and the teams falls apart.

Rangnick was spot on though. No manager can fix a club that’s been run as badly as man United in 18 months.

There was no chance of Rangnick staying once he openly criticised the glazers.

1 Like

Ideally, I left out Big Cas there, but they need to get the next couple right. Might mean focussing on lads already in England, Ivan Toney, Ferguson, Mitomo, the Belgian midfielder at Everton et cetera.

Positives. Made a few chances on Sunday; Hojland is a fine player and has the right idea. Shaw and Martinez will help the team a lot in the build up as well. Maguire seems to have a bit of confidence back.

1 Like

Why is that clown substituting him in every game?

The French kid at Madrid in central mid who isn’t getting a game would be brilliant but I’d say that could be tough to do.

People need to relax.

Shaw and Martinez are huge losses.

I’d be extremely excited by Mainoo I’d say he could get a start tomorrow.

1 Like

I’d play Maguire indeed. In the last month, between United and England, he has been good. Wan Bissaka in the backline will help him as well. Varane doesn’t look right to me.

Was talking about the young fella up top

1 Like

I’ve never seen Mainoo play, but the Twitter fellas are raving about him

He can play.

Sorry, Yeah, I’d leave him on as well. Big strong raw kid. Looks a threat and needs the gametime. I think he could be top notch now if he can get the bit of composure.