Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Ten Fags looking at Bruno walking about trying to kick opponents but hooking the goal threat….
Bizarre

2 Likes

Yes extremely bizarre to manage the minutes of a 19 year old who had back issues last month.

Bruno was a tough watch on Sunday, on days like that he needs to be moved forward out of that midfield three or left off. He is irresponsible.

The last thing they should do is overplay hojlund for short term gains.

Be great to get rid of martial and Sancho and maybe sign an Ivan Toney type player.

Hojlund looks very good but he’s a big unit and should be minded.

Brighton are doing something similar with Ferguson.

Its interesting Maguire and Rashford excel with England, two big strong mobile lads in midfield in Rice and Phillips. Phillips would be a good signing for United.

I’d go with him but I can see what you’re saying.

Does rashford excel with England?

He was dropped from the squad. Only a sub in euro 21 and the World Cup.

He barely saw any game time at the euros if I recall correctly.

He’s been much better for ten hag than Southgate.

I believe it was @carryharry who claimed rashford was playing well for Southgate.

Maguire is useless. He’s been dropped by England too hasnt he? He came on v Scotland and scored an own goal.

Scored a few and looked excellent at the World Cup and scored a worldie in the last game. I think United need to move towards two strong mobile holding players, would suit guys like Bruno and Rashford who are positionally pretty fluid, plus the likes ofMartinez, Maguire who aren’t really quick.

Its just identifying the 2 men to do it. McTominay is honest but isn’t quick enough over the ground. Casimiro looks better on the ball than blocking space these days.

Team is being played through too easily.

He only came on as a sub v France.

He was absolutely outstanding for man United for a large part of last season. Equaled his premier goal scoring record and broke is season tally too.

Don’t doubt his talend, came at a time when Casimiro was flying which I’d say is no coincidence. I think ETH alluded to it after the game on Sunday re a style change. If you’re going with Rashford and Bruno in big games, you need disciplined, hard workers in the middle to compensate for their lack of diligence. Thinking in terms of souped up versions of Fred and McTominay, who they got some good results with among the hidings.

https://x.com/mikekeegan_dm/status/1719459516243141109?s=61&t=ywRfELeDxVX6PcFItqXOXw

The Ferguson years aside, hasn’t it basically been a mess of a club since Busby was in charge?

1 Like

The banquo point is a reasonable one and there is some merit in the fact that he prioritised the here and now over putting in place structures for the future but at the same time the success he oversaw was absolutely incredible. He won THIRTEEN league titles ffs. With a multiple of different teams and players. He took over on 7 leagues with Liverpool 12 ahead of them and as an almost joke club. He ended up ahead of them. How much did the fact he was a cunt contribute to that? A lot id imagine. The fact he was a cunt also then meant he’d find it hard to leave and transition to a new regime easily. Has there been other examples of a similar figure in sport transitioning smoothly and things carrying on seamlessly? I can’t think of many anyway. Pep leaving will be an interesting one.

His record deserves recognition and respect albeit aided by the SKY money. His behaviour with the horse spunk sowed the seeds for the clubs ruination. His desire to hang around doubled down n it.

Contrast to Wenger and Arsenal in a very similar situation.

Big Cas trying to blame Adidas for not being able to fit into his shirt :joy:
Onana sitting on his arse when strikers run through as his socks are too tight :joy:

1 Like

It was his last tournament with England that seemed to rehab rashford.

He was dropped from the England squad post euro 21 and played his way back in with his form under ten hag.

Lads will do anything to back fit a story to suit their narrative.

Yes, it was incredible how Southgate kept in touch with him during that time and kept his spirits up when the united faithful were calling for him to to be sold. Hopefully Southgate can do similar this time as TenHs motivational abilities seem to be failing currently.

This isn’t true. I actually spoke to someone as far in the know as you can possibly be about it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: