Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

It’s very difficult to sign young players on frees or loans.

He has spent £385 million pal

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In all seriousness, he now needs to begin planning on replacing Casemiro, Evans, Eriksen, Varane off the top of my head. Thats ridiculous when you think about it.

Hopefully he gets one more roll of the dicein January to sign a big player. I’d either go for a game changer like Rafa Leao who might turn the whole thing, or a big time defensive midfielder to put next to Casimiro. Maybe that Paulhinha kid from Fulham, someone of that ilk. I’d go relatively proven.

Man united will only every sign maybe 3 main signings spending between 100-150 million depending on champions league qualification and player sales.

Eirksen, weghourst, reguillion and evans are all fine signings because they are short term and cost little.

Man united are sailing extremely close to ffp rules at the moment so needs must really.

Wenger said the other day, the biggest issue is the quality of the players, but Reguillon should’ve been left back and Evans shouldn’t be centre half.

Think one of the main Fergusonisms was to pick your best team in tough times.

I don’t mind free transfers at all, its what they are doing with the rest. Another midfielder plus Shaw and Martinez back would make a difference.

Would you find it worrying as a United supporter that Gravenberch turned down the opportunity to play for Ten Hag again, picking Klopp and Liverpool instead? Both teams were in for him and he looks like some really astute business. A young athletic midfielder like him would have been a good signing for United. In fairness, a lot of ex Ajax players have shown loyalty to Ten Hag so maybe Gravenberch is an anomaly there.

Only Mason Mount has bucked the trend in recent seasons (champions league football and Megabucks big motives) of picking United over Liverpool in comparison to Gravenberch, Gakpo, Nunez, Mac Allister, etc., all who are in the age bracket of players you’d want to be building for the future.

3 Likes

I guess you cant continue to spend big and fail to balance the books forever.

I wouldn’t sign anyone.

It’s imperative they sell martial and sancho.

Plenty of lads injured to come back in.

Two Onana’s in the one team would be Box Office. If he’s anything like the goalkeeping version it would be tremendous fun.

3 Likes

Man United weren’t even in for gravenberch.

:laughing:

More like Ole everyday

2 Likes

Please God let him still be at the wheel come December 17th

5 Likes

Ole had a very coherent counter attacking team there for a bit till the Madrid big hitters were foisted on him.

Rashford, Martial, Greenwood front 3 with Bruno playing off them and McFred battling away.

Rashford was saving lives, Harry was the captain, Martial and Bruno hadn’t gone full cunt and we weren’t yet exposed to Greenleaf’s true nature. Halcyon days.

They missed a hatful against Seville in Europe, should’ve won that.

1 Like

Is that United v Liverpool that Sunday? Pub carnage, plenty of time to come up with a few Diaz songs, set for an ambush.

It’s my little footix’s birthday that day. I must book the hall for early in the day.

Liverpool have been coasting at home this season. 5 wins out of 5 in league. 14 scored. 2 conceded.

1 Like

Dont fuck it up like ye did last time.

Man United will batter Liverpool in this game.

1 Like

Goodfellas GIF

1 Like