Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Ah mate, dont rise to it…

They need to move Mount further on, number 10 or wide right (left taken), he isn’t a deep-lying midfielder. Doesn’t like receiving the ball back there, no instinct for it.

He might do a job down the right.

For us all, its probably best there’s work the following day. We’d be demented.

He’s not really set the world alight.

I thought he’d be a good signing for Liverpool to be honest, but Szoboszlai is a class above. He might be the best Liverpool signing since Alisson.

1 Like

Man United will turn the corner in the next few weeks and you just know they’ll rip into Liverpool. Most of the injured players should be well back by then.

1 Like

Tge lad is like a cross between KDB and Gerard

1 Like

He has it every way pal. I can’t get over how good he is.

1 Like

There’s a train of thought that Ferguson is the anomaly alright. It even took him 6/7 years to radically change things. Has any other manager of Manchester United come remotely close to winning a league title since 1967? Ron Atkinson threatened it but was never really in the shake-up. I’d imagine only Busby and Ferguson have managed Man Utd in a European Cup/Champions League semi-final in the entire competitions history which is startling really.

2 Likes

Hopefully the little butcher will be back

8 Likes

You’d be forgiven for thinking that was photoshopped

1 Like

Is it 2018 that Man United last scored a goal at Anfield? Absurd when you think about it. They’re probably due a goal at Anfield on the law of averages.

Greenwood would be my issue, plus the fact that Bruno is an excellent player, but seems to be both weak and petulant, and a poor choice for club captain if a manager feels club captain is actually a thing.
I think amrabat looks decent, and should play more.
ETH is looking like the tinkerman a bit.
They’ll go on a run for sure at some point, and the pressure will ease, but whether it’s long term I’m not sure. He’s still renting anyway.

1 Like

Betting with the head, yanited with the heart.

Could amrabat not work as a defensive midfielder? At least he has a bit of aggression.

1 Like

Ferguson was there for 26 years which needs to be pointed out.

1 Like

27 years. Roy Keane got mad over something similar.

They are blaming the socks. Pretty reasonable excuse to be fair

Not uniteds first time to blame the kit.

He is crap

What Ferguson managed to do for United was unreal it pains me to say, he oversaw some period of success.
It must also however be borne in mind the premier league of today is an entirely different vista for any manager trying to return any club to former glories than what the old first division was when United returned to the pinnacle in 92/93.
City, Chelsea, Spurs were non entities.
Liverpool were self imploding and scratching around with Paul Stewart, Don Hutchinson, Julian Dicks et al
Arsenal were there or thereabouts but falling away from the highs of 89-91.
Everton had torpedoed from the mid to late 80s success
Premier league was just about to start but that money hadnt kicked in yet and many of the top players in England had actually moved North to Rangers in the late 80s due to the European ban

Uniteds main rival that first season were a villa team backboned by lads Liverpool had let go, Houghton, Staunton, Saunders and United reject the brilliant Paul McGrath.

All that said Fergie did brilliantly well to capitalise then on the original Cantona inspired triumph to go on and build a dynasty with the burgeoining sky tv money and a fine crop of youth players from the class of 92.

2 Likes