Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

He had a lot of luck. He only bought cantona by accident. He was after Lee Chapman.

1 Like

Mores the pity he didnt get him!

2 Likes

Has the push for the league been postponed til then?

1 Like

Matt Busby 2nd place 1967/68 2 points behind Citeh.
Tommy Docherty 3rd place 1975/76 4 points behind Liverpool
Dave Sexton 2nd place 1979/80 2 points behind Liverpool.
Ron Atkinson had them in and around for a few years won their first 10 games in 1985/86 and led the league until February, fell away and finished 4th.

He is the best shot probably. He looked really good for Morocco sitting in in a ‘low block’, possibly covered up his deficiencies covering ground. He looks a good footballer though.

Ron needed more time tbf.

If you were making a list of questionable characters in the united squad Rashford would most certainly be on it.

Hard to know really. I heard he’s going through a tricky spot personally which is fair enough.

He’s a very streaky player but is very one footed too. He’s a very good player without being a great Player.

Himself shaw and Martinez worked well last season. Big drop off to Maguire and lindelof.

1 Like

I’d agree with that mostly. Its more his lack of heart and desire and strolling around the place when he loses the ball I’m on about. No disputing his talent but I’d say the fact hes English means a lot is let slide with him.

I’d say this is the closest Manchester United got to winning the league between Busby and Ferguson. They took just 1 point out of the last 9 and finished 4th. In fact they took just 10 points from the last 30 available.

He forced those Tory cunts into a big U turn on dinners for poor kids. What he does or doesn’t do on a football pitch is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. A good sort.

1 Like

Its far from irrelevant. Hes paid a massive amount to play football so i dont think its unreasonable to expect him to show some desire or try a leg on the pitch.

A mgr like Southgate can knock a tune out of him. Rashford is way down the list of things to blame for United’s current malaise.

How does Southgate knock a tune of him? By not playing him in any important game?

United have ruined him. Ruined Sancho as well. Scapegoating the young black lads.

Rashford had his best ever season last season.

Your all over the shop already Mike.

Ten Hag has ruined him. Took him a few months for it to take shape.

He had his best season under ten hag.

Hag came in trying to play like Ajax, binned it off when he saw Savey Davey couldn’t play out, brought in Onana to play like Ajax, and now admits he can’t play like Ajax with the current squad and needs to go more direct :man_shrugging:

You need to do some fact checking.