Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Bailly was a good player for a while but is very injury prone and so hasn’t been available more often than not. Is he refusing to leave the club that they’re now locking him out of first team areas? What’s happening with Magiire they’d want to start locking him out too.

I’ve never seen the lad that has signed to play but the following is the thrust of what I’ve read:

• he is erratic with his back to goal and often struggles to get a hold of the ball

• he is best running in behind, but lacks real elite speed and is best described as a strong runner

• he often attempts to take on his opposite number, but it doesn’t come off usually as he isn’t a dribbler

I’d be fairly worried ETH has a glass eye for forward players between this lad, Weighorst and Antony.

You buy Ferguson or Kane really. Ferguson is just a brilliant footballer, back to goal, on the deck brings others in, lethal in the air.

Bar Martinez, I’m not sure about ETH’s signings. Mainoo might bail him out in midfield.

No issue as a trainer and tactician.

I’ve a feeling United have just spent £85 million on Chicharito mark two

1 Like

Happy Celebration GIF by Manchester United

Great player but thought he found it tough against the big teams a couple of times. He has a lot to cover in that 4-3-3. I’d prefer him with a good footballer sitting in next to him at his age. This lad from Fiorentina is a baller if they get him. Hung with the Spanish lads no problem at World Cup, West Ham final excluded.

Eirksen was an outstanding signing on a free.

Grand against the Southamptons and Crystal Palaces of this world

2 Likes

Sure he’s signed for free and transformed the midfield.

Against Nottingham Forest, he needed oxygen against City and Liverpool. Lovely player whose legs are gone. If he had Bruno’s engine, would be a different story.

Sure man United played city and Liverpool twice and they picked up six points. No shame in that.

Fabulous footballer who doesn’t have the legs any moreis my impression. Very useful at a certain level, but he can’t press as needed and also isn’t very press resistant. Good squad option, thats it to me.

That doesn’t make him a bad signing

He isn’t really material to the success of the team for me. I don’t think I mentioned him as bad. He is fine. He’d had a good 6 months and was for nothing. He’s not half the player he was though.

Baby steps. Man United a mess for ten years. You are one year in.

2 Likes

Very true

Exactly. Horrendous off field stuff last year for ten haag to deal with too. Greenwood and Ronaldo. Ten Haag has been brilliant. Also, it looks like he’s a pretty good cup manager. 2 finals and a semi final where we should have won. Very exciting for this year.

3 Likes

Anything exciting and new in the pyjamas range for the upcoming season?

2 Likes

Yep. They’ve a load of Harry Maguire Captain Fantatic ones going cheap on the website. Gonna wear them to the aviva next week.

3 Likes

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

That was a Europa League Quarter-Final. And ye absolutely should not have won. Seville hockeyed ye 5-2 on agg with 5 unanswered goals.

1 Like

We should have won. Meltdown in the first leg cost us.