Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Pick two from three out of Rooney, Shearer and Henry I’d say. I’d probably opt for Rooney and Henry but Shearer was a great goalscorer all the same.

Ronaldo was only really elite for 3 Premier League seasons between 2006-2009. I’d say Mo Salah has a better body of work in the prem.

Harvey Barnes matched Ryan Giggs best league goals tally (13) in a struggling Leicester team last season which tells you everything you need to know.

Does Scholes get in ahead of KDB, Lampard, Gerrard, Vieira and his own teammate Keane?

I’d give you Ferdinand alongside Terry although I’m sure some would push for Vincent Kompany too.

McGrath better than all 3.

6 Likes

Vidic was a better defender than Ferdinand. Aguero is the best goalscorer in the history of the Premier league

2 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Players with one and none league titles aren’t great players.

Let’s just leave that there.

1 Like

Henning Berg was better than them both.

Ah Ferdinand was better.

Forgot Aguero. Would be very close between himself and Rooney alright. Aguero the more clinical goalscorer. Vidic went down slightly in my estimation because of his performances against Liverpool over the years. He was exposed two or three times by Fernando Torres.

Torres was unplayable for a couple of seasons. Liverpool set up to make space for him and Gerrard was pinging passes.

Torres going to shit is still one of the most bizarre things that I’ve seen

2 Likes

Ye are being watched cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

All Time EPL era team.

Schmeichel
Irwin
Ferdinand
VVD
Cole
KDB
Keane
Gerrard
Henry
Aguero
Salah

3 united is controversial.

David Silva, Yaya, Kompany very unlucky. As were Ronaldo, Lamps, JT, Campbell, Hazard, Kante, Le Tiss

2nd in the Balon d’Or of 2019 and only lost our narrowly to Messi. I don’t think Ferdinand ever scaled those kind of heights to be fair. I was amazed to read recently that Paul Scholes never received a vote in the Balon d’Or. Even Dean Saunders acquired a vote in his time.

The public vote was similar to your own.

I’d put Becker in goals.

I’d rule out Ferdinand due to the drugs ban. Tony Adams was a proper defender and he half pissed.

Irwin wouldn’t cut it in modern game.

2 Likes

if TAA is that highly rated, Irwin would be the best full back around at the moment. He had what TAA has going forward and could actually defend

1 Like

Becker the better peak but Red Nose has a longer body of work. Cech and Spunky Seaman also in the mix

Becker isn’t even in the conversation FFS

Peak Cech was amazing.

1 Like

Course he is. He’s the best keeper in the world for 5 years.