Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Sell him. Or find a way to get him back in somehow. Both are very different than sacking though.

@flattythehurdler’s hatred for united is a hilarious joy to behold though.

1 Like

The issue around selling him is they’ll get pittance for him and it could impact their share price.

If they had any notion of reintegration they’d have done it at the end of last season to get a shit show out of the way.

I’m not even sure how good he’d be after the bones of 20 months out.

It surely has to have some impact.

1 Like

Integrate him back in by playing with the women’s team. Doubt they’d mind.

You couldn’t trust a little cunt like that to act honourably after that shit. He should be fucked out.

The investigation, as you point out, is most likely aimed at finding a way to cancel his contract due to a breach. The police dropping their case makes this more difficult.

Really they should have just cashed in by looking for a Saudi suitor.

If Antony or Sancho had any pace, it would be a very simple decision.

That Antony deal stinks.

Money laundering

He would, he is probably better than the lad they’ve just signed for big money.

1 Like

Could’ve done that a long time ago if they were going to. 15 goals next season and all will be forgiven. ETH: “Footbal is 1,2,3”

I doubt it’s that simple given the employment and contractural legal issues that have to be respected in this matter.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-las-vegas-dortmund-27425804

You’d fear for the fans next weekend if this crowd are coming to Dublin.

That’s what I’d be thinking - he’s lost almost two years of playing (maybe even training?) at a crucial juncture (19-21yrs old and having started getting first team games). This fella won’t pan out half as well as he could have and will probably end up Championship level at best.

It’s all very sad.

I’d imagine the glazers are too tight to pay him off and are trying to figure out a way of getting rid of him without being sued.

If they’d an inclination to reintegrate him they’d have done it towards the end of last season or during pre season.

There was rumours he was for sale but the fact he isn’t suggests to me they are confident he can be sacked.

I don’t believe greenwood should play for man United again. I do think with an admittance of guilt and the correct rehabilitation he should be allowed continue a career somewhere.

I’m not sure what the impact of missing the last 18 months will be on greenwood but he was some talent. He’d a higher ceiling than rashford in my opinion. His ability to finish off either foot is so rare and he had that low no back lift finish into the corner from distance which was almost impossible to stop.

1 Like

It was flagged that thete were concerns, from the coaching staff, in relation to his character precious to the incident that his partner shared.

I can’t see any outcome other than they release or sell him. The Saudis might pay £20m for him at best.

I’d like to see Giggs removed from club involvement as well, the fucking scumbag.

2 Likes

They could surely set up a nice loan for him somewhere outside England to play himself back into form but it would want to be an ok standard league. Failing that maybe the Saudis would buy as @croppy_boy pointed out. I doubt another English club will pay decent money for him right now.

1 Like

There were shouts of a loan to Atalanta but that didn’t cone to fruition.

I can’t see why another club would want him if Utd deem him too cuntish to play this season.

The announcement of the £900m Adidas deak yesterday suggests to me that they’ve agreed to cut ties. Unless a Saudi buyer emerges this week I think it’s curtains for Greenwood.

He’s only 24 months left on his contract so I don’t think he’s worth a whole pile.

Sponsors will threaten to pull out off clubs too.

If anyone looking for tickets for any of the early season games I have a good few still available.

2 Likes