Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Same here. It’s your fucking job, work on your other foot. I wasn’t the best player back in the day, but I could use my left to trap a ball, pass, cross if needed. It opens up the whole pitch for you with different angles.

1 Like

like fernandes collecting a fifth booking before the game

1 Like

Are you comparing yourself to a professional footballer earning 6 figures?

Thankfully my only job was to go out and kick lads, i never had to worry about any of that stuff.

Yeah but did you kick them with both feet? Thats the sign of a proper hatchet man

6 Likes

Oh he kicked them alright.

https://twitter.com/RichJolly/status/1734702954693714292?t=87MlwSiBwP2DSWaT0r5mPA&s=19

2 Likes

I’m mouldier now

15 Likes

Then you’ve a player like Antony standing up a defender and doing stepovers but will only ever move on to his left foot.

1 Like

Nope. Played to a decent level as a youth. @Kyle was actually onto something; if you are decent kicking a ball with both feet, it helps your tackle technique - so if you are tackling coming in on your left side, you will lead with your left foot, and visa versa on the other side. More efficient.

Even i wouldn’t do that

But he played to a decent level as a youth.

I once scored a hat trick during break. There was a lad playing who went on to get a trial at a lower league club in England. Didn’t see him scoring a hat trick

2 Likes

4 games, 4 losses. 1 goal scored, 8 conceded. I hope he is at least managing to get a dry seat in the place.

There is so much wrong with Manchester United’s squad. Never mind the whole club ownership, infrastructure, recruitment side of things. They look absolutely fucked & it will takes years to fix. It’s really lovely to see. A club with their financial firepower finishing bottom of a group containing Copenhagen is absurd.

It’s a small thing in the wider malaise but I see @mikehunt mentioned Onana for the goal. I was going to make the same point. I don’t get the way he stays back on his line. Not only the fact that not springing out to attempt to smother the shot or put off the finish allows the opponent to walk the ball towards goal, like Coman last night. But he also just crumples down & falls into a heap just at the point the attacker is shooting rather than spreading himself & making some attempt to make it a harder finish. Makes himself as small as possible. Bizarre carry on altogether & he’s done this on loads of occasions already this season.

8 Likes

I once broke my wrist after making a shitload of saves against an Ireland u15 trialist at a lunchtime league game in 3rd year. He was so pissed off with my virtuoso performance for the much maligned 3A4s that he kicked the ball and my wrist. The cunt never made it in the trials and my top level goalkeeping career was over. I also missed the Christmas exams so that was a bonus.

But you don’t hear me going on about it…

11 Likes

No wonder. Putting fatty in nets must have been very humiliating?

1 Like

The lowest points total ever achieved by Man Utd in the champions league

I think what Man Utd need at the moment is an Ange Postecoglou type manager.

A manager with a clear commitment to attacking football, if even absolutely mental at times, who crucially will work with existing players to get the best out of them.

The club needs a shot in the arm away from doldrums of the last ten years.

Last night was really awful. A middling Bayern team, already qualified, fresh from a hiding at the weekend, United barely created a chance and then ended up losing to them. At home. Bottom of the group behind Galatassary and Copenhagen. Yet Ten Hag should stay on as manager :roll_eyes:

1 Like

TBF Bayern are something mental like 41 Chsmpions League Group games unbeaten.

United are gash though