Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Lads, its fucking delicious. The club is falling down. The stadium is falling down. And all because of a big ol jar of horse cum.

Drink it in. Actually, maybe not.

1 Like

In Ferguson’s 4th year at United there was a banner put up in Old Trafford saying Tara Fergie.

That’s when managers got time.

Are they going to replace the manager every 2 seasons until they hit the jackpot?

1 Like

Heads need to roll at utd…not in the literal saudi/city sense though

1 Like

Those fellas were right. It was a dreadful 3 years. He should have gone.

winning the FA Cup gave him a stay of execution. A cup doesn’t even save a manager now

https://twitter.com/footballontnt/status/1734849852633169964

Back then people gave a shit about cups

I’d great reflexes for a chubby young lad.

1 Like

John Barnes was totally one footed but was one of the best wingers I ever saw. How did he get away with it?

Yeah but it was 1st place or nothing, maybe a nod for runner up. Nowadays spurs can go for top 7 and count is a success every season.

You didnt see much football maybe?

uniteds legacy to the Premier League, they kicked off the spending

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1734851402336223421

Keano nearly walked there in the summer of 01.

If you held that view you’d never get rid of a manager.

Also Ferguson is a one off in that regard. The opposite could be argued in other instances - for example Souness at Liverpool. He should have been long gone before he was pushed.

it’s a difficult thing to quantify, 2 years isn’t enough for a rebuild, let’s be honest. He got them in the Champions league last year which was a minor miracle.

You can get rid of managers within 2 years of course, if they’ve completely lost the dressing room or the crowd. Ten Haag is getting to that point, for sure. He is under massive pressure. I don’t think they’ve improved at all under him. But I also don’t think anybody could improve that shower.

the last 3 yanited managers supposedly lost the dressing room. maybe its time to get rid of the dressing room and not the manager

2 Likes

the contracts they’ve been put on makes that impossible.

I’d say a search of the words “Clear out” in united related thread would bring back some amount of hits.

1 Like

keeping them there will cost a lot more and continue the rot

1 Like

They could send them to train on their own like they’ve done with poor Sancho

1 Like