Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

What happened to Rangnick’s report?

:smile:

as above

1 Like

It’s great to be alive to see the Red Devils a laughing stock.

2 Likes

In 1996 Steve Coppell was appointed Man City manager. The Club was a basketcase at hte time, managers coming and going, all sorts of players on the books, just a mismanaged mess. He lasted 6 games, 33 days.

He said the straw that broke the camels back was walking through the hallways one day to his office and bumping into Eddie McGoldrick.

He didnt even realise McGoldrick was at the Club.

This is worse than that.

The situation De Gea and Jesse Lingard find themselves in is as peculiar as there is in the game. De Gea a 33 year old keeper who has been a free agent the last 6 months, Lingard a 30 year old attacker the same (I know he had clubs after United but he was formed at United). I’m not sure what it says about the attitude within the dressing room they left, but to have 2 lads wasting the latter years of their career like that and seemingly happy to do suggests there is something toxic there.

1 Like

Surely that was Coppell’s fault?

Yeah, totally one footed

Yep, thats partly why he jacked it in. They’d crossed over at Palace. Eddie had been at Arsenal. Was on loan at City. Coppell wasn’t even aware he was on the books. He actually was the only signing Coppell made at City. Presume it was a gesture to him on the way out the door. City was a shitshow. Harford replaced Ball, who was replaced by Coppell, no one knew who was doing shit.

Kinda like united.

The Franny Lee era

Lego Man Arteta made a point of clearing the bad characters out of Arsenal even if it meant eating some of the big contracts. Hag’s problem is the sheer number of bad characters and falling out with the likes of Varane who previously would have been considered good pros.

Real Madrid would not have sold Varane unless there was something the matter with him, same with Casemeiro

9 Likes

I don’t necessarily know if they should sack him, I just can’t see who they’ll get to replace him that will definitely improve them long-term.

I think signing all players that he used to work with was an absolutely mental decision though; that was supposed to be a rebuild and it just makes it harder for a new manager (if there is one) to do.

They’ve lost two games in a row now, a bad defeat to Bournemouth and a tame exit in the Champions League.

They now have Liverpool, West Ham, Villa.

He has to win at least one of those, I would think (West Ham would be the one you’d be eying up). If he loses 5-in-a-row, he’ll be sacked, I don’t think there will be any allowance for them being difficult fixtures. A bit of fight against Liverpool and a win against West Ham and I think he’ll survive this difficult patch.

The two boys see United as a retirement home. One last big payday. That’s what Saudi and the other head chopping leagues are supposed to be.

Madrid must be still laughing over the fee for Cas.

Liverpool set up for an ambush from Yanited on Sunday.

If you disregard the matches Manchester United have lost recently they remain the form team in the Premier League.

1 Like

Serious form not to draw a single game

Who will they replace him with? Nobody will leave a smaller club looking at the shit show with the last few managers. Would De Zerbi leave a supremely well run club at Brighton for it? I wouldn’t. Just look what happened when Potter left for Chelsea for example. That’s a career ender

Poch will be out of work soon. He could be at United by the summer.

A new e-Poch