Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Fairly flawed logic judging a player purely on team accolades. The kind of logic that would rate Luke Chadwick higher than Gerrard.

The last time I checked, it was a team game.

This reminds me of an old 1st Year College Module i did called ‘English & Communication’ or something similar.

Anyway it was absolutely harmless stuff and one if our first assignments was to produce a 5 or 6 slide PowerPoint on a subject of our choice and answer a few questions on it from the audience. It was all about introducing the concept of PowerPoint and building lads confidence speaking in front of a group i suppose. Most lads would do theirs on a Farm or their school but one lad (it was probably @Aertel220 now that i think of it) did his on Liverpool Football Club.

After his presentation on the history, Anfield etc. anyway the call came for questions. First question came from down the back, “How many Premier League medals does Steven Gerrard have?”. There were some serious chuckles from the Audience and lecturer as yer man had to sheepishly say ‘Zero’ (0).

3 Likes

Yes and Manchester United were a better team than Liverpool in the 90’s and 00’s. Gerrard was a better footballer than Scholes though. The PFA awards and Balon D’or nominations clearly illustrate that.

Sure you can convince yourself of anything you want really. Most cunt fans are delusional.

1 Like

1 Like

And he’s been responsible for at least five goals conceded and there’s been a half dozen times he’s had an opportunity to play a simple pass to a team mate to put them in on goal and he’s not even seen the pass.

He’s a very average player.

He makes all the players around him worse and the whole team just falls apart when he starts.

He’s a lazy enough player too at times.

His little goal run was great but it was variance Over any sort of good play by him.

1 Like

There’s tables for all sorts mate. Yanited are top of the table for points at home against the bottom 3 since April last year.

Gerrard was a total showpony. A great lad for a long range diagonal pass that didn’t come off half the time but looked great on MOTD when he landed one.

1 Like

The famous slip game summed him up. Never mind the slip could happen anyone but he took about 17 shots from ridiculous positions trying to salvage the match. Just didn’t have the head to be a top midfielder. That’s why he wasn’t as highly rated in Spain or Italy as Scholes.

1 Like

Gerrard is like scot mctominay albeit with a better long range shot.

2 Likes

Who rated Scholes in either? :rofl:… Let me guess, some meme with an ex great saying Scholes was this, that and the other?

Stop lad, Scholes was an above average player that was found out internationally.

4 Likes

That Zidane meme that was doing the rounds 15 years ago, all the manyooers used to cream themselves over it

1 Like

There’s one of them on every player…
These lads used to make comments about English lads as part of an ongoing gag. They’d be laughing away at them then gathering momentum… Like Zidane, Pirlo, Maldini etc. really rated any English player :rofl:

4 Likes

Remember those made up quotes:

“But there is only one player in the whole world I would give anything to play with…that is Scholes of Manchester Reds” - Maldini.

“Ronaldinho & Zidane are special but the greatest of all is Scholes of Manchester” - Figo.

8 Likes

If Scholes rocked up in the Nou Camp to play for Barca they’ll be wheeling him off with sunstroke after 20 minutes

5 Likes

I’d say the lads would have a chinwag that week about who they’d big up. Wasn’t there one about Nicky Butt doing the rounds too from Crespo?

all the boys in the bernabau laughing away at them in the dressing room, plamaising the Premiership plodders

1 Like

It seems all the Man U fans thought these were real…

Wayne Rooney being lined up as new manager?