Manchester Utd 2023/24

It’s no coincidence that the Bundesliga turned into a one team league once Klopp departed. The Premier League would have been the same for the last 6 seasons only for Klopp’s Liverpool challenging Man City. Nobody else has come remotely close.

3 Likes

Klopps Liverpool have won the same amount of league titles as ranieris Leicester.

It’s been a period of underachievement for Liverpool in reality but because klopp dresses up in a childs
Tracksuit with a goofy laugh Liverpool fans are impressed.

The nuances of what Klopp has achieved appear to be beyond you. He’s been competing with a revolutionary manager (Pep Guardiola) who’s had virtually unlimited resources at his disposal. It’s a different world from Fergie’s Yanited snatching titles from tacticless Kevin Keegan or penny pinching Arsene Wenger.

1 Like

@BruidheanChaorthainn in here today…

https://twitter.com/VideosIrish/status/1732048543207084304?t=AwI7XH3l9AN7E_UbnnQ_EQ&s=19

2 Likes

He’s won more league titles than man United under
Moyes+the special one + ragnick + olegunnar solskjar+ ten fags all added up.
I may even have left someone out.

1 Like

Should they buy that Paulhinha lad from Fulham, or maybe that Italian kid from Inter?both seem to be able to run, pass and tackle. There’s no one at United can do all three. Oh yeah, and positional discipline.

What is that actually from?

The bald lad looked to be packing scouse glass

Palhinha is a very good player. Liverpool looked at him during the summer but were turned off by an astronomical price tag (shouldn’t be an issue for the big spending Yanited).

He nearly signed for Bayern in the last window but it fell through at last minute. He’s 28 or 29 though.

1 Like

No Idea… Pub in Leeds i think

I think they need to keep it simple. Can’t afford more mistakes. Get the Prem proven fellas. They sign Kane and Paulinha last summer, they probably have a grand year.

Some very strange transfers they’ve made alright but I actually thought Mount would be a decent signing for them :man_shrugging:

Seems Bayern back in for them @neilld

I’d say Klopp was looking at him the other day thinking he wouldn’t mind him still

1 Like

I like Mount, but why buy Mount when you have Bruno? I don’t know why ETH thought he was a conventional central midfielder. They’ve a load of number tens, and wingers that play like number tens.

The best forward at Unitedplays for Getafe.

Liverpool need a guy to defend transitions for sure, they’ve actually no midfielder like that right now.

Forget about Greenwood. He’s done there. Amrabat is starting to show that he’s probably little more than the Moroccan Salif Diao. Fred bombed out of the club and big Cas getting extra helpings of chip at the canteen. Very strange business.

1 Like

The fella who might do it for them is an injured 19 year old. They do need someone in before then though.

I tell you Endo could come good as a short term fix. Aside from his goal, he made an impressive cameo on Sunday. Probably the only midfielder to get a proper tackle in all day. Isn’t afraid to take a cynical yellow to slow play down (in the Fernandinho/ Rodri mode). Lacks the bit of pace though I’d say.

1 Like

In this day and age, there is no way the manager should be responsible for signing players. It’s absolute madness tbqh.

And their policy of just signing random players without any idea of how they’ll fit into a team would remind you of the likes of Everton, who have been horribly run in recent years.

Half their players can’t run and some of the ones who can run can’t play. And then they have an overload in some positions and a dreadful shortage in others.

If you’re working off a limited budget, signing Mount when they have Rashford & Garnacho there and they severely lack pace down the right-hand side and legs in the middle of the field, doesn’t make sense. Just a weird signing in the short-term. Still probably need two central midfielders to really push themselves to the next level.

2 Likes

Man United essentially have no scouting network either.

1 Like

Forgot about Endo, I haven’t seen much of him but Klopp is a good judge.

Amrahbat is grand, he just needs someone with a bit of power and a change of gear in there with him. A Declan Rice, or Paulhinha type to break things up. Arsenal are in for Paulhinha as well I saw on Twitter. Arteta must have the biggest team in the league with Newcastle.