March Madness

Anyone been watching the March Madness this year?

Final 4s are:

Mid-West
9 Northern Iowa
5 Michigan State

6 Tennessee
2 Ohio State

Weakest seeded team there are UNI but they beat the top seeds Kansas in the last round.

West

1 Syracuse
5 Butler

6 Xavier
2 Kansas State

Syracuse are going well and are still available at 4/1 to win outright. The heart says Xavier, the head says it’ll be the orangemen.

East

1 Kentucky
12 Cornell

11 Washington
2 West Virgina

Should be two straightforward Sweet 16 games and expect Kentucky to win through as overall favourites.

South
1 Duke
4 Purdue

3 Baylor
10 St Marys

Duke are a big name but cost me big money in running last year. They should make the final handy enough but Baylor might just surprise them there.

It’s the only live sporting event on at a decent hour for me. Some big surprises so far, especially that Kansas game. The lads on ESPN Australia last night were tipping St Marys to beat Duke if they can get past Baylor. Although St Marys have 5 Aussies so it might have been wishful thinking. Not sure it’s the best tournament to be putting money on though, at this stage most teams are pretty well matched (and this will be even truer when it drops to 8 and again with the final four). Great viewing all the same.

Yeah wouldn’t be betting on it outright because they can all beat eachother and injuries and tiredness play a big part. But betting on individual games is feasible.

Was talking to a Kansas fan from Iowa at the weekend - disgusted with the result. Like the cut of that big O’Rear guy for UNI. #32 as well for his beloved Ireland.

hope Duke win it as Grant Hill was one of my favourite basketballers when I used to follow it…

looks as though syracuse are about to be knocked out…30 seconds left and they are 5 down against Butler

Didn’t see it but heard that Xavier and Kansas state was a hum dinger last night

Michigan State at Butler is 28 all at half time.

MS made the early running but Butler have come back into it. They have home advantage and have beaten a couple of bigger names already. Fancy them to close this one out.

Christ the shooting in this is awful.

Butler still 3 points up but they’ve had 10 straight misses and gone 10 minutes without scoring. 35% scoring ratio or something and they’re leading cos of turnovers.

State have the ball and 23 seconds and trail by 1. Neither team has been shooting at all well other than free throws but a cracking contest all the same. C’mon to fuck Butler.

That’s good fucking defence Hayward.

And Hayward again. Legend.

Tough on State but Butler won that on turnovers. They can’t shoot for shit though.

Duke against West Virginia now.

Reckon Da’Sean Butler’s form will be enough to fire WV through to face the other Butler in Monday’s final.

Da’Sean got badly injured just after half time and left the court in distress. Duke won easily enough in the end.

David v Goliath now in the final. Butler’s defence against the might of the Duke institution. You’d love to see Butler do it but hard to see it at this point.

i loves the duke…saw the last couple of minutes of the butler match, delighted they won as michigan’scoach looked a right cunt

Cracking game of basketball this morning…Butler had there chances but Duke were deserved winner…a fitting end to a great competition…if that shot had gone at at the buzzer it would have been something else

Anyone following this great sporting competition this year. Any chance of a rundown as to how things stand

Brackets here Puke

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/basketball-men/d1/2012

I’ll be adding Syracuse and Georgetown (in that order) to my official list of teams I support for the duration of the tournament.

I will be shouting for my beloved Duke and I will also be keeping an eye out for Syracus

I’ve fingers crossed for my beloved KU and will have an eye on Penn State.

I understand Syracuse made hard work of North Carolina last night