March Madness

Been too busy to watch any games so far, will hopefully catch some this weekend. Early games are always good.

Did a few brackets and looks like I’m out of contention already, getting games wrong all over the place.

Duke and Missouri were both beaten by much lower-ranked teams last night. KU still my tip to win it out. Go Jayhawks.

Havent gotten to see as much of this as I’d have liked, but nice to see a few of the bigger sides fall early on. Sweet 16 this weekend, Syracuse and Kentucky seem to be generating a lot of interest, get the feeling it’ll be between them two with Jardine and Davis being the two main guys for both.

Final Four on tonight on ESPN America.

Louisville v Kentucky at 11pm followed by Ohio State v (my beloved) Kansas at 1.30am (both of those are programme, not start times).

Kentucky are heavily fancied to win the tournament and will be expected to win the first match.

Here’s a short preview for anyone who wants to get up to speed quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in_DLCvgePQ

Kansas and Kentucky both advanced to the do.

Delighted for the bhoys of Lawrence, Kansas (and Josh Ritter) but very much underdogs now I’d imagine.

I lost all interest in this when I heard that Duke were knocked out a few weeks ago. Presume the final is tomorrow night

Kentucky won this fairly handily last night. My beloved KU threatened to make it a close game in the final quarter with a spirited effort but they never got closer than 6 points. Bob Dole, Scott Bakula and Paul Rudd will be seething.

Rare enough that a team with all that expectation ends up winning the whole tournament but Kentucky seemed to have the best group of players and a real star in Anthony Davis. He’ll go to the NBA now, along with a couple of others from that team, and possibly his coach (John Calipari) who might be going to the Knicks. Of course cynics like me might wonder why he was still allowed to coach in college ranks after past controversies. This smacks of a tainted title.

sigh :rolleyes:

Davis is a bit of a monster, he’s got No 1 seed wrote all over him it seems. At 6 10 he’s a defensive beast, think he only scored 6 points or so last night, so he’ll be wanting to work on that a bit, but he’ll get by with all the other parts of his game in the meantime.

The final quarter of the game Chewy. I always divide the game up into fractions in every sport.

:strokechin: a little too convenient

Anyone following this year. How is it shaping up?

Miami will be hard bet

I’m unsure how my beloved KU are fixed but I’m convinced this is our year.

Harvard pulled off a big shock yesterday in the Western section, beating the 3 seed New Mexico yesterday.

Duke (2) and Albany (15) are a few minutes into their game (Midwestern), the first of the evening. Duke currently up by 9, big Mason Plumlee leading the way.

Ole Miss on the verge of springing a surprise on Wisconsin. They lead by 7 with 1.25 to play.

Huge upset in the south region as unheralded #15 seed Florida Gulf Coast making their tournament debut knock off #2 Georgetown.

Another massive upset yesterday with the Wichita State Shockers knocking out the #1 team in the country, Gonzaga, by 6 points to proceed to the sweet sixteen.
A lot of upsets so far.

[quote=“Piles Hussain, post: 751568, member: 363”]Another massive upset yesterday with the Wichita State Shockers knocking out the #1 team in the country, Gonzaga, by 6 points to proceed to the sweet sixteen.
A lot of upsets so far.[/quote]

Saw Gonzago on thursday night and they looked good. They had a white long haired centre who looked a serious player. Olynek or something like that

The final places in the Elite 8 are up for grabs tonight.

Rocko’s beloved Jayhawks face the Wolverines while the Gators and the Eagles also battle for a place in the South final.
Duke v Michigan State and Louisville v Oregon are the four looking for a place in the Midwest final.

Already in the 8 are Wichita State v Ohio State in the West and Syracuse (11 point win over the #1 Hoosiers) v Marquette in the East