March Madness

[quote=“Piles Hussain, post: 753480, member: 363”]The final places in the Elite 8 are up for grabs tonight.

Rocko’s beloved Jayhawks face the Wolverines while the Gators and the Eagles also battle for a place in the South final.
Duke v Michigan State and Louisville v Oregon are the four looking for a place in the Midwest final.

Already in the 8 are Wichita State v Ohio State in the West and Syracuse (11 point win over the #1 Hoosiers) v Marquette in the East[/quote]
I’m a nervous wreck ahead of this one.

Nailbiting stuff here Rocko! 76 each with seconds on the clock, and we’re off to OT.

WOLVERINES

Incredible ending, Wolverines come back from 14 down in regulation to tie it up with a Trey Burke 3 pointer and then go onto win it in OT.

Commiserations Rocko.

Wolverines :clap:

Ah that was fucking devastating.

It may be of some consolation to you rocko to know it took this beauty to force the OT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K67B4i8cVc8

Into the final minute of the Eastern final and Syracuse lead Marquette by 19 after a hugely accomplished performance.

And there it is, the Orange storm into the final four.

I wasn’t too impressed by the Orange, very scrappy game. They’ll have to play a lot better than that in the semi. Would love to see Wichita State keep the dream alive against Ohio State in the next game.

Defensively outstanding though. Only conceded 39 in a divisional final against a team one place higher than them in the seeding.
Fair going.

The Shockers lead by 13 at half time. Pressurising every shot the Buckeyes take and defending the glass brilliantly.
Dream very much alive.

Superb stuff from Wichita, 17 ahead now, Cinderella will be going to the Final Four:clap:

15 ahead with 7 to play.

8 in it. 4 to play. Shockers tiring.

Shockers by 6 with 40 seconds to go.
Tense stuff now.

Game over. Wichita wins by 4.

Michigan have routed Florida 79-59, the Wolverines take their place in the final 4. Duke v Louisville coming up for the last remaining berth.

Loisville cruised past Duke 85-63 but lost Kevin Ware to a horrendous leg break.

Warning: This shit is grim. Poor sod

[U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7HP7F60vo[/U]

[quote=“Piles Hussain, post: 754262, member: 363”]Loisville cruised past Duke 85-63 but lost Kevin Ware to a horrendous leg break.

Warning: This shit is grim. Poor sod

[U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7HP7F60vo[/U][/quote]
Fucking hell. Had been reading about that. Horrific.

Fucking hell

Was having a piss when Kevin Ware broke his leg, they didn’t show any replays and I don’t want to watch it. I’ve seen a photo of it, fucking horrific.

He had successful surgery and will be in Atlanta on Saturday to cheer on his team mates against Wichita State.

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 754445, member: 1074”]Was having a piss when Kevin Ware broke his leg, they didn’t show any replays and I don’t want to watch it. I’ve seen a photo of it, fucking horrific.

He had successful surgery and will be in Atlanta on Saturday to cheer on his team mates against Wichita State.[/quote]

Saw there that he had a pre existing stress fracture. That’s why such an innocuous play lead to a severe injury.