Marian Finucane's South Dublin Coffee Morning - Official Thread

The “courts reports” in the Roscommon Herald is the job for you then @Fran.

Good show in store this morning with the prospect of plenty of righteous moral outrage.

And the Irish Independent’s Brendan Keenan starts things off nicely by blaming the IRA for the murder of Annie McCarrick, the US tourist who disappeared from Johnnie Fox’s pub in 1993, and also, presumably, was informing on the Belfast IRA despite living all her life in upstate New York.

He was about to blame Gerry Adams for the Ebola virus but Marian rudely insisted another guest speak.

Can’t believe it hasn’t been mentioned yet that Gerry Adams has a beard. The beard is the smoking gun.

Some texters straying from the message here, and that’s disappointing. And just as I listen to that, I think there’s sour milk in my mocaccino.

Sidney, I’m concerned that you are turning into the David “Iona” Quinn for SF - Rushing from thread to thread (forum to forum?) loyally defending SF from any accusation and raging against the overwhelming media bias that dare question their actions.

On the contrary, apart from Brendan Keenan’s well observed point that the IRA probably murdered Annie McCarrick (they also murdered Mary Boyle, Trevor Deely, Philip Cairns and Jo Jo Dollard in my view), I was disappointed in this morning’s discussion. Put me right off my coffee, so it has. Disappointed Stephen O’Byrnes wasn’t on, to be honest. He always knows the score.

I was only half listening to it but it seemed to be a reasonably nuanced discussion about the politics of peace and where do you draw the line.

That being said, the more I read about the facts of this issue in the weekend papers the more I think SF have serious questions to answer and that their response as a party this week has reflected very poorly on their suitability for government south of the border.

He’s in the south of France at the Castres match.

I was only half listening to it but it seemed to be a reasonably nuanced discussion about the politics of peace and where do you draw the line.

That being said, the more I read about the facts of this issue in the weekend papers the more I think SF have serious questions to answer and that their response as a party this week has reflected very poorly on their suitability for government south of the border.

[QUOTE=“tallback, post: 1036445, member: 1158”]I was only half listening to it but it seemed to be a reasonably nuanced discussion about the politics of peace and where do you draw the line.

That being said, the more I read about the facts of this issue in the weekend papers the more I think SF have serious questions to answer and that their response as a party this week has reflected very poorly on their suitability for government south of the border.[/QUOTE]
Your dead right, mate. The Sindo this morning is totes damning for Sinn Fein/IRA. Gerry Adams is evil. Look at him. He has a beard. He is a liability. He has to go. The polls are ominous for Sinn Fein/AyeRA. They’ll never grow as a party with him there. I’ve been quite consistent on this snce 1994, and have always been proved right.

My anger stems from the fact that the panel did not force this point home nearly enough. I’m going to listen back to the panel discussions on the Denis O’Brien-owned stations later and if I find the discussions support my confirmation bias, I’ll consider switching my listening allegiances.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1036447, member: 183”]Your dead right, mate. The Sindo this morning is totes damning for Sinn Fein/IRA. Gerry Adams is evil. Look at him. He has a beard. He is a liability. He has to go. The polls are ominous for Sinn Fein/AyeRA. They’ll never grow as a party with him there. I’ve been quite consistent on this snce 1994, and have always been proved right.

My anger stems from the fact that the panel did not force this point home nearly enough. I’m going to listen back to the panel discussions on the Denis O’Brien-owned stations later and if I find the discussions support my confirmation bias, I’ll consider switching my listening allegiances.[/QUOTE]

That’s a bit of a David Quinn response, if a little incoherent.

I haven’t read one article yet saying Adams has to go (or that he’s evil or criticising his beard). I have read articles raising serious questions about the sequence of events and Adams credibility as his story evolves. I’ve also heard SF TDs refusing to engage or answer those questions and instead engaging in blind loyalty, whataboutery or (like you) implying that it’s all a media led or FG/FF conspiracy to do them down.

Lovely to hear that Marian’s local Avoca handweavers store is jammers these days. We are well and truly in recovery mode.

Also interesting to hear that more and more families are sitting down together to have breakfast.

From my own point of view I’d agree with both the above points - my extended family gets together twice a week to sit down for breakfast at our local Avoca cafe in Neilstown - the breakfast focaccia there is splendid.

Abbreviations (abbs) flying around on this morning’s SoDuCoMo.

Mar Fin just loves saying “pol corr”. Just loves it.

The lovely Niamh Lyons getting in on the act with “sec gen”.

Niamh can talk about secs any time she wants, as far as I’m concerned.

“Security analyst” Declan Power (Dec Pow) talking about North Korea (Nor Kor) now.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1060232, member: 183”]Abbreviations (abbs) flying around on this morning’s SoDuCoMo.

Mar Fin just loves saying “pol corr”. Just loves it.

The lovely Niamh Lyons getting in on the act with “sec gen”.

Niamh can talk about secs any time she wants, as far as I’m concerned.

“Security analyst” Declan Power (Dec Pow) talking about North Korea (Nor Kor) now.[/QUOTE]
Referring to the Norwegian Stock Exchange as the NoSex people was inappropriate at the least.

Fine Gael spin doctor Frank Flannery on this morning’s SoDuCoMo. He sounds like a male Terry Prone and I imagine he looks like a goblin.

The Goblin insists on interrupting the end of Marian’s interview with the French ambassador to say “Je Suis Charlie.” I always thought he’d be more of a Garret man.

That would be “leading contender for 2014 cunt of the year” frank Flannery. I see in yesterdays papers that he is back in FG election operations

Good to see a balanced panel this morning, with Leo Varadkar’s presence meaning different wings of Fine Gael were represented.

FG would lose 80,000 votes at the next election without Frank Flannery
(According to Frank Flannery)

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1071598, member: 1786”]FG would lose 80,000 votes at the next election without Frank Flannery
(According to Frank Flannery)[/QUOTE]
The rehab(ilitation) of Fine Gael stats here.