Marian Finucane's South Dublin Coffee Morning - Official Thread

One of my New Year resolutions is not to listen to those cunts.

Flannery came across poorly - quite arrogant.

I thought Varadkar came across well - he certainly seems to be well aware of the detail in his dept which is more that can be said about his predecessor.

[QUOTE=“tallback, post: 1071608, member: 1158”]Flannery came across poorly - quite arrogant.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][/QUOTE][SIZE=3]
I imagine that’s because he was slightly distracted by having to stroke a big white pussy cat on his lap while talking live on air.[/SIZE]

what are their counterparts in Poland like?

There is a lot of politics on radio & TV here but a much less whingey tone. The same cunts usually getting wheeled out for comments.

[ATTACH=full]2233[/ATTACH] I see Freddie Kruger got married to Chief Sitting Bull there yesterday.

At least it was to a member of the opposite sex, it seems there’s nothing but noofters getting married these days.

I’d question Marion’s true gender

He certainly looks as happy as youd expect anyone marrying finucane to look

He’s only 47

For all the flack she receives I find her to be superb in dealing with certain topics. I think her Saturday show is far superior to the Sunday edition.

how did the wedding night go do you reckon?

That is sick.

You reckon that’s what he said or she said?

He did the exams with you?

Michael O’Regan of the Irish Times has a wonderfully pompous, bombastic and superior voice which suits the tone of the programme beautifully, especially when he poo-poos the policies of any party which isn’t Fine Gael, Fianna Fail or Labour, or makes shit, unfunny quips which only political “insiders” “get”.

You hate it, yet you listen every week. Why do it to yourself, sid.

I find listening to things that annoy me to be one of life’s great simple pleasures.

1 Like

You must be riddled with ulcers

"Frankie Sheahan, you’re in Rome…and you’re covering the…England-Fraaance match, is that right?"
“No Marian, I’m covering the Italy-Wales match.”

Marian is fierce excited about the “the match”, so she is. Everything is coming back to “the match”.

There was a debate there between Richard Boyd Barrett and some Chamber of Commerce type person about today’s water protests in Dublin. Marian cuts it off at the end something like as follows: “although it has to be said that the protestors have been wise to not have it clash with “the match”*. They say that it’s right on days like this that the best team wins, well I can’t agree with that, and I’m unashamedly wishing that Ireland win. Thank you to the both of you for that…**”

A texter says “the match” doesn’t really matter as “we” lost last week.

“What?!” says the horrified Marian.

*It does partially clash.
**Marian doesn’t like to acknowledge people by name at the end of a segment.