Marian Finucane's South Dublin Coffee Morning - Official Thread

Oooft. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy slapped down by a tribe elder

No, No, No… Far be from me to attempt to slap down a forum legend of the stature of @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy.

We’ve had our jousts over the past decade or so, but his support of Leitrim GAA has been unswerving and I’m just alerting him to the connotations of one of his buzzwords.

This free advice is extended to his assorted alias’ and cohorts, many of whom appear to have militant /racist tendencies.

1 Like

I watched the Marian Finucane documentary last night recorded from over Christmas.

An excellently put together programme, based around comments from her heartbroken husband.

And the main thing about it is the truly inspiring person Marian was. Her early death was a loss to the country.

RIP

2 Likes

I never really listened to her show but the few bits I caught she appeared to be very pro establishment… Just another wan taking her cue from FFG montrose

Maybe you should have listened to it more bro.

1 Like

Anytime I did it was pro establishment, bro…I find when you scratch the surface of all RTE employees they’re all pretty much the same.

2 Likes

Bit of a leftist firebrand when she was younger but that fire had long since blown out when she was stroking 400k a year for a few hours work in her retirement. And her anti establishment credentials never recovered from being outed as one of the Golden Circle who were in on the Mespil Flats wheeze.

13 Likes

Was she really a “leftist “ per se ??

it was an RTE beatification programme, its hardly unsurprising that she emerged as some sort of wonderful and creative broadcaster when in truth she didnt even bother to do any research for her programme and her programmes had a clear political stance.

next week, gerry ryan and his sinus problem and how it helped solve homelessness in dublin

6 Likes

What was the Mespil Flats story? I dont recognise the reference

Michael Fingleton, INBS and Mespil – TheStory.ie

1 Like

Nobody does hagiography better than RTÉ doing a program about a dear departed colleague.

2 Likes

heavy emphasis on the dear (for the taxpayer)

@Fagan_ODowd
@artfoley

I wasn’t aware of the Mespil flats story. Everyday is a school day.

3 Likes

and the moral of the story is to view everything coming out of montrose with a cynical eye

1 Like

We went to view one of those apartments a while back. Could have been paying rent to Marian Finucane or the magnificently named Thomas JG Thunder.

1 Like

Exactly 400k a year for 4 hrs work.Nice work if you can get it.

Inspiring is never a word I would have associated with her. I only watched bits of the program so didn’t catch that aspect from it.

She defended The Malteser vigorously one morning saying he was entitled to his good name and how dare you when a guest mentioned the findings of the legally established Moriarty tribunal.
No loss to broadcasting another bought and paid for shill

1 Like

It appeared from her early career that she pushed minority and women’s rights quite heavily on her show and retained that through her life.

1 Like