Maroonandwhite has lost it

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 875923, member: 1137”]Why would I waste my time responding to you “calling me out”. I don’t rate you or your opinions and the vast majority of the time pay little or no heed to your posts on account of you being an absolute simpleton who continually throws a strop as soon as his opinion is challenged or contradicted. It is a waste of time. Your attempts at banter and insults are unbelievably shit and make you come across a bitter teenager with your carry on.

I couldn’t care less if you think my posts are brain dead or bland, you are an idiot and the vast majority of posters on here see you exactly for what you are.[/quote]

He’s also shit at NFL

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 875923, member: 1137”]Why would I waste my time responding to you “calling me out”. I don’t rate you or your opinions and the vast majority of the time pay little or no heed to your posts on account of you being an absolute simpleton who continually throws a strop as soon as his opinion is challenged or contradicted. It is a waste of time. Your attempts at banter and insults are unbelievably shit and make you come across a bitter teenager with your carry on.

I couldn’t care less if you think my posts are brain dead or bland, you are an idiot and the vast majority of posters on here see you exactly for what you are.[/quote]

Well done simple child, use the exact same slags as I used on you. Every poster on her can see how mindless your posts are, most along the lines of ‘x is a great player’ or ‘that was some goal by y’ you haven’t two fucking brain cells to rub together but think that because you’re posting on here years your non-opinion counts. Keep boring people to tears with your performance reviews (I’d say you’re the brains of the operation alright) and whinging about your dead dog. No one gives a fuck about your bland shite. You called me out first on this site, too late to be bleating about not reading my posts.

Wouldn’t know. Stopped paying attention to his posts when he told us for the umpteenth time last summer that the young Clare hurlers were the most overrated hurlers of all time

Six and 6=I’m fucked! Christ what a simpleton

Tipp or Kilkenny would embarrass them. Galway weren’t actually trying and Clare just pulled away in the last few minutes, how many more do you think they’ll win so?

How many more do they have to win in your eyes for them not to be the most overrated group of young hurlers ever?
4 provincial medals and 3 all irelands in four years is a fair return from these lads. As I have said before this team will be in many A/I semi finals and finals in the next 10 years. I would be confident that we will win another one between now and 2016 with the players who are currently there and who is coming through but you never know. If they don’t I don’t think it is a huge slight on them or a stick to beat them with, they have done more in one or two years I/C hurling that the vast majority will do in their careers. How exactly they have been overrated I simply fail to see.

Apologies, I turned off signatures months ago. Deleted now, the last thing we need is you to have another petty grievance to “call me out” over

Maroonandwhite is sound and you lads using a bit of ball hopping to bully him is outrageous carry on and very bad form. It’s Christmas ffs, where’s the love?

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 875931, member: 1137”]How many more do they have to win in your eyes for them not to be the most overrated group of young hurlers ever?
4 provincial medals and 3 all irelands in four years is a fair return from these lads. As I have said before this team will be in many A/I semi finals and finals in the next 10 years. I would be confident that we will win another one between now and 2016 with the players who are currently there and who is coming through but you never know. If they don’t I don’t think it is a huge slight on them or a stick to beat them with, they have done more in one or two years I/C hurling that the vast majority will do in their careers. How exactly they have been overrated I simply fail to see.[/quote]

Provincial titles are over rated I think and so are underage as we’ve been told for years. They aren’t over rated now they have some brilliant hurlers, but up until the Galway game this year they hadn’t shown anything compared to what they’ve produced since. Easily beaten by cork, drawing with Wexford for fucks sake, granted they quit too soon thinking they were home. They hadn’t done enough when I called them that, to have been seen as not over rated, but they’ve done plenty since. And anyways I called them that to rise Clare lads, people seem to say that Galway fans lose the run of ourselves but I don’t think that’s the case, everyone is actually hugely pessimistic about them. On the other hand no one seems to pull Clare and limerick fans on getting excited when they win u21s, we certainly don’t, so I was just digging for a fight. As I referenced before someone put a thread on AFR asking who was better honan or canning based on an u21 game. That was jumping the gun big time. Clare aren’t over rated now, but do I think they’d get all those goals they got against kk or tipp? No.

Even if they hadn’t won the senior A/I these lads wouldn’t have been overrated, they have talked the talk to match the walk and progressed every year. They lost a tight minor final and semi final and then went one better the yer after at 21s. Their main stumbling block at senior level was the lack of experienced quality hurlers with them but they got over that and improved with every game. Maybe they wouldn’t have gotten them goals against other sides but this isn’t a Clare side at its peak yet either

Makes no odds to me whether we win zero or 10 in a row I am sure I will get more many great days out of them

Bullshit of the highest order

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 875935, member: 1137”]Even if they hadn’t won the senior A/I these lads wouldn’t have been overrated, they have talked the talk to match the walk and progressed every year. They lost a tight minor final and semi final and then went one better the yer after at 21s. Their main stumbling block at senior level was the lack of experienced quality hurlers with them but they got over that and improved with every game. Maybe they wouldn’t have gotten them goals against other sides but this isn’t a Clare side at its peak yet either

Makes no odds to me whether we win zero or 10 in a row I am sure I will get more many great days out of them[/quote]

Absolutely not and there actually is a need for honan in there, bruiser isn’t the answer and hurling isn’t all running and dancing yet (be interesting to see what effect the black card has) ye run the danger of becoming Galway with not enough ball winners just finishers inside. The change that Clare have brought around introducing scoring forwards is remarkable, I’ve relations who play club hurling in Clare and the standard from what I would have seen down there ten years ago is amazing. I used to watch the odd Clare club game then and play challenge games in Clare and be smug about the forward play compared to Galway, now I’m worried. Plus ye have the unity of purpose we’ll never have. Sickening really.

They pulled limerick fans years after the three in a row when it became clear they pissed their chances away.

There are plenty of ball winners coming through in Clare. Peter Duggan, Cathal Malone, Shane Golden etc and lads like Jamie Shanahan who are big & strong and with plenty of hurling and there are also plenty of finishers like Cathal O’Connell and Bobby Duggan but they all need time to develop.

It is all down to development squads and structures, serious coaching is taking place all based on skill and mobility, as opposed to size and physicality which used to be the case. Whatever happens in the next five or 10 years we won’t disappear into the doldrums like we did in the last decade once the good times of the late 90s ended and the team got old with one to replace them. Lessons have been learnt and the structures are in place to keep producing quality hurlers.

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 875940, member: 1137”]There are plenty of ball winners coming through in Clare. Peter Duggan, Cathal Malone, Shane Golden etc and lads like Jamie Shanahan who are big & strong and with plenty of hurling and there are also plenty of finishers like Cathal O’Connell and Bobby Duggan but they all need time to develop.

It is all down to development squads and structures, serious coaching is taking place all based on skill and mobility, as opposed to size and physicality which used to be the case. Whatever happens in the next five or 10 years we won’t disappear into the doldrums like we did in the last decade once the good times of the late 90s ended and the team got old with one to replace them. Lessons have been learnt and the structures are in place to keep producing quality hurlers.[/quote]

Sure I know it. Galway are still glorifying minors, got rid of a man, mattie Kenny, who had long term plans but turned out to be a bit of a cunt and have no money for any development facilities.

Maroon has Chewy jumping through hoops here,priceless!

I’d lose my mind as well if i was from Galway.Every time Galway hurling takes a step forward it then takes about 10 steps backwards!

Still though at least his county haven’t been waiting since 1988 for a hurling all ireland!:smiley:

I’m still quite unsure about what happened today as I was only paying fleeting visits to TFK due to work and international business travel commitments.

But I see @maroonandwhite has deleted a decidedly nasty post that was directed against me on the Wexford GAA thread.

I take that as a token of his regret and an admission of his guilt. I stand by for a formal apology. If I know @maroonandwhite as well as I think then the apology (like the strops) should be made on multiple threads.

Now hurry up and get on with it, old buddy.

Ah I didn’t want to be left out. I was just really waiting to see what way the majority of posters would go on this so I decided to jump on the bandwagon. I was bullied as a child and as a result cant stand up for myself without being part of the crowd.

That and the fact that you are being unnecessarily abrasive and argumentative, giving the impression that you are losing it. This makes you an easy target