Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Do they sell the BBQ produce to punters or are there just judges there gobbling everything up?

Is he in the band or is it his brother? Ex Munster and Ireland player Felix Jones plays with them too.

You sure about that, bud? Barry Murphy definitely plays in the band.

Barry plays in the band, his brother Brian co-owns the Curragowerā€¦ Thatā€™s where the band started.

Thatā€™s what I said, kid. Where does the long weekend bring you?

Iā€™m just back in Corkā€¦played a match in Limerick earlier and Iā€™m broke up after itā€¦Iā€™ll be behind a computer getting shit done for most of the weekend. Will go for coffee and cake with princess tomorrow in our favourite cafeā€¦itā€™s our Friday ritual. Will chill Saturdayā€¦ Get out for a long walk with princess Sunday and probably go for a beer to the local that nightā€¦ and thatā€™s about the height of it, heading off to Spain in two weeks so Iā€™ll save it till thenā€¦how about you, bud?

4 Likes

What a thread. I trace postersā€™ footsteps in my mind as they describe walking around Limerick. Such vivid and fantastic detail.

1 Like

Its a pity you never moved down that time, mate. I could well imagine you finishing up work in the office at 4 on a Thursday evening, walking up towards Glentworth street and texting me ā€œHey @Smark, few pints in Tom Collins?ā€ Iā€™d be up there. We could have been great friends had you moved down. Iā€™d help you with local phrases and the likes.

4 Likes

I was gonna make a quip about my footprint and your forehead but I donā€™t have it in me.

2 Likes

The plan was to head west for the weekend but plans have changed. Will go on the lash here tomorrow night for an impromptu gathering of old friends then I donā€™t really know. Thurles on Sunday with Pops is on the cards but working out the logistics of that now.

Give my best to Princess. xx

Will do, palā€¦ Right back at you and your life partner.

Lovely interaction there, almost twee-like.

I stopped off in town on the way home there to check out the Arthurs Quay Park thingy,
Spotted Tom at the bottom of Thomas Street and our Inca friend directly opposite, could have gotten the two into a photo together, is it me (I donā€™t know much about it) or is Tom a terrible player of the squeezebox, he seems to know only two or three tunes and doesnā€™t even do them justice.
Anyways the thing in the park seems complete garbage, itā€™s a load of stalls in huts, the usual fellas flogging vastly overpriced nuts and jellies, ā€˜steakā€™ burgers for 6e, and various other shit, not worth the hassle at all.

Iā€™m hoping to get into the market in the morning for a good stroll around, have to arrange for the missus to stay home or go elsewhere as I never feel comfortable paying so much over the odds when sheā€™s watching.

The market is well worth a visit. A good few extras. There was a fella selling prawnies there last year and they were unrale so they were

Iā€™ll see you there, mate. Iā€™ll be looking out for a fella in orange runners paying over the odds for all sorts of shite.

2 Likes

The yellow runners arenā€™t in my possession yet, those are on the current wishlist, youā€™ll know me because Iā€™m always talking shit to the fellas who are ripping me off.
Make sure to try out the Dingle Sushi man tomorrow, and Sefikā€™s Baklava.

How does the Dingle sushi work? He just sells it in small containers and you take it away and can eat it out of it? What would you recommend off him?

Iā€™ll get my usual stuff, iā€™ve a few merchants iā€™m a regular at. Iā€™ll get something dirty like a beef burger or a sausage roll as well and do you know what i might just go for a mid afternoon pint as well.

First time I was there he was selling various boxes which had the same sushi, cut nori rolls with the same filling.
Last day he was selling mixed boxes, fish box, veggie box and I think a meat box, we got two boxes of the fish mix and a box of veggie, I would highly recommend the fish, he does a spicy tuna which is outstanding.
Heā€™s very generous with the samples, try it out before you buy but if you like sushi Iā€™d be very surprised if you didnā€™t like it, heā€™s a grand fella to talk shit with as well, a big plus in my book.

I will iā€™ll try it out. He looks a bit of a character your man, big mad looking beard on him.

Perhaps thereā€™s a craft fair - aka crĆØche for wives - that you can send her off to?