Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Iā€™d have to agree with you there on that point

1 Like

You described it as a spot I donā€™t care what thread you put it in you little bollix.

1 Like

Fuckit mate, that sounds like a grand way to spend an afternoon, the homeless lads in Limerick are on another scale to the rest of Ireland, possibly the world. I often stop off in town for a while on my way home from work, weather was shitty enough today so I came home to take a picture of myself in my runners on my high quality wooden floor instead.
Did you buy anything bar the pint?

1 Like

I bought a bag of dried, crispy banana slices which I forgot to mention I was munching on as I was cruising at my leisure around the city.

I was half tempted to knock off and join you mate, but Iā€™ve a long long weekend ahead

1 Like

Any leads?

1 Like

Who let the dogs out who who

That Campion fella seems to have been one of the most evil fuckers ever to walk the streets of Limerick, word is that even the Dundon boys were afraid of him, isnā€™t he the fella that shot the driver of a moving car while he was in the back seat?

I was at the receiving end of a clamping one day a few years back due to my impatience behind the wheel. I was driving down Henry St with the intention of heading out the Ennis Rd. Every fucking light on Henry St was red as I approached. There was some fat auld cunt in a micra in front of me gawking out at everyone who was walking the street. Heā€™d be a good ten seconds before heā€™d start moving after the light turned green. Second time this happened I have him a blast of the horn to wake him up. He responded by turning his big Jabba the Hut head around to stare at me for daring to blow the horn at him, this took another ten seconds and the lights turned red again. I was fucking fuming at this stage so I leant on the horn all the way down Henry St and over the bridge until the lights at Clancy Strand. Got some strange looks i must admit. At this stage he had gone into the outside lane to turn off by Curragower. I lowered the window to howl abuse at the cunt as I stopped alongside him, but he beat me to it by shouting ā€œdid you get that horn for your birthdayā€

I had to pick up my jaw and drive on.

6 Likes

I agree completely. I used to think he was alright, the charity off weighed the tax issue, but this was just petulant.

From limerick leader in 2014.

ā€œA huge factor is the time JP is here in Ireland ā€“ that is the big sticking point,ā€ he said."The JP McManus Pro-Am was held every five years after its first staging in 1990, but in January, the Leader revealed that it would not go ahead in 2015.

At that time, one of the committee members who help to organise the event suggested that tax residency laws which limited Mr McManusā€™s time in Ireland - his primary business is based in Geneva - were a key factor in the 2015 event not taking place."

So because they started monitoring his days in a foreign country (Ireland) he was depriving the Midwest region of the event he organised every 5 years. Fucking childish.

1 Like

I didnā€™t realise riverfest started today and runs for five days until Monday. Where does this be on specifically and is it much use? I never had an opportunity to go near it but will this year.

Thereā€™s a bbq competition on one of the days. The market is extended big time as well with a load of cool stalls. Just general shite hawkery on around the place as well, music and that

Sounds unreal, unbelievable. Iā€™m getting to get down to that BBQ competition if I can, give them a hand like.

That riverfest has always been complete shit, I hope itā€™s better this year but I wouldnā€™t hold out much hope, the line up seems to be the same as usual, avoid the ā€˜Frenchā€™ Market at all costs if itā€™s there again, itā€™s usually by the library.
The BBQ is very entertaining just to see the roasters and scumbags leaning over the railings in the hope of getting a quarter of a half cooked sausage on a stick, itā€™s actually amazing what the prospect of free food does to people.
My missus is going to Hermitage Green on Sunday night :laughing: to be fair to her sheā€™s actually quite cool in regard to music but has been roped in by a few pals from the school runs, heading into the 80s night in Dolans afterwards

2 Likes

Grand way to pass a few hours anyway. Might have a few daytime pints in town Saturday myself

Always shite weather for riverfest and itā€™s success would depend on decent weather.

Itā€™s all focused on Arthurs Quay park now. Thereā€™s a village type setup with stalls and hurdy gurdies, makes more sense than that shite market they used have up by Trinty Rooms.

Riverfesf is shit,
Some crowd gets 300k to run it and puts a few lads out on the water in jet skis and a bunch of lads cooking burgers and sausages. Other than that, thereā€™s the great Limerick run, which riverfest latches onto. Thatā€™s it really. Itā€™s crap

1 Like

Isnt one of them a former Munster Rugby player?

Ya, Barry Murphy