Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Tiffany likes a battered sausage.

It also doesnā€™t matter how many steps ahead you are, if Iā€™m looking for your next step Iā€™ll see it whether you are six steps away or not.

Tiffany is your one that served me today. Your man Dalton was there too and when he opened his gob he had a yank accent too. Imagine the two of them, two yanks working in a canteen on Mallow street in Limerick. Itā€™s unreal. Itā€™s still a cunt hole though.

I just had a mild dislike/disinterest in the place. Iā€™m now going to be a ball of rage every time I pass it.

2 Likes

They are a million times more intelligent than the others.

Canteen 1 - Julio 0

Eh, no mate, just no.

Favorite album: The Doors, The Doors. Grow up, you fucking hippy.

Dalton likes sitting on stoops which is probably what attracted him to Mallow street.

ā€œDalton!!! Cmere I wancha!!!ā€

Thatā€™s along the lines of something Conor McGregor would come up with.

Canteen does one excellent dish, itā€™s the veggie curry, not too substantial but very tasty and I believe itā€™s reasonably healthy, they do superb cakes which cost an arm and a leg, they also do very good badger and dodo coffee. My kids have liked the meatballs out of there as well.
I had a brunch style thingy there one sunday morning a while back which was scandalous in itā€™s miserable portions, the hollandaise was also very watery,

Nothing makes me feel more mugged off that paying a tenner for lunch and going away still hungry

2 Likes

Where would one get a good chowder midweek in the city? I rocked down to RenĆ© Cusackā€™s before I went to ā€œCanteenā€ but they only had raw fish to buy. Seems their chowder is only a Saturday job.

You should have gone to Rene cusacks cafe around the corner . horse and hound do decent chowder too

You can buy that chowder cold to take away in the shop on Alphonsus street, I know thatā€™s not what you asked but it may be useful to know.
I canā€™t think of anywhere in town with good chowder, itā€™s usually something Iā€™d order closer to the sea for whatever reason, I love the chowder in Goosers in Ballina, the chowder in Bobby Byrneā€™s is decent now that I think about it.
Best fish soup Iā€™ve ever eaten in Ireland is in the purple Heather in Kenmare.

@ChocolateMice do you know ā€œJabbaā€

A MAN who was ā€œcaught red handedā€ with drugs on the Hyde Road has received an 18-month prison sentence at Limerick Circuit Court.

Judge Tom Oā€™Donnell heard that Darragh ā€˜Jabbaā€™ Casey, 26, was found in possession of diamorphine, commonly known as heroin, and small quantities of other drugs on March 31, 2015, while gardai were on patrol in the Hyde Road area.

He pleaded guilty to possession for sale or supply, and his own use.

Garda Gary Farrell, Roxboro Road station, detailed that members of the Regional Support Unit recognised him across the road from his home, sitting in a car with two other males.

When he saw gardai. he sprang out of the vehicle and sprinted towards his home.

Gardai chased him as he attempted to flee via a side door but it was locked, leading the defendant to exclaim ā€˜F*, f***, ye steamersā€™.**

Thatā€™s Limerick city!

2 Likes

The ramble in croagh has reopened by all accounts.

Nevilleā€™s has reopened to. Supposed to be a serious job done on it.

Curragower?