Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Was that sold on again?

Possibly but i wouldn’t darken their days tbh. Any time i was ever in there (10-12yrs ago at this point) you’d never really see much eating going on though.

I do like chowder on the coast though, i’d always eat it on a coastal area.

It’s essentially an eatery now. You get a great chowder in doolin.

No.Trevor Loftus’ (RIP) wife opened it I believe.

I heard the fella that owned it passed away alright and then it had closed down. Wasn’t sure what the story was.

Where particularly in Doolin? O’Connors or some other joint? I had it in O’Connors and wasn’t blown away tbh. Was dying of a hangover though the same day.

I passed it yesterday it’s looking well

O Connors about two years ago. I thought it was unreal. I was only getting into it at that stage but haven’t tasted much better yet.

its lovely and thick in O’Connors, they do a great fish and chip too

Ya was down there a couple of bank holidays. Went for a long swim, lovely sea food chowder and then a few pints watching the hurling or football on telly.

1 Like

That sound like a great day out

Great day indeed Tass. That’s lovely countryside.

1 Like

Jabba! does not sound like he is a skinny lad who would be in shape to run away from the Guards

:smile:

2 Likes

The next time you’re down that way, Tom Crean’s pub in Annascaul is up there with Donnellys in Barna as the nicest chowder I’ve ever had in Ireland.

Go way ya steamer

1 Like

Peter G selling H above in Weston :grin:

I had two incredible bowls of chowder in Barna,mine in the twelve and one in O’Gradys, I’ll have to chance Donnellys some time.
Can’t beat a good soupe de poisson in France though, one of the few things that country has going for it.

France has a load of things going for it, pal. Food, women, countryside, weather, wine to name a few.

Like I said, a few things :confused: