Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

No need for that kinda chat

+1.

Sneery Tipp prick that he is.

1 Like

What did he say? Nothing but bile out of that posters gob. Heā€™s a deeply unhappy person

Animals.

An elderly Limerick man who was allegedly held against his will by his son was located after a member of the public noticed him crying in a car more than 120km from his home.

Limerick District Court has heard Jim Oā€™Connor (80) was wearing slippers when located by gardaĆ­ in Co Laois who responded to the 999 call on June 2, last.

Food and blankets were also found in the car which was seized by gardai.

The pensioner, who is from the city, had been reported missing a number of days earlier by a relative who lives in Boston.

James Oā€™Connor, aged 40, who has an address at Lord Edward Street, Limerick appeared in court this week charged with falsely imprisoning his father.

Opposing bail, Detective Garda Brian Culbert said said it will also be alleged the pensioner, who is now in ā€œsafe and secureā€ accommodation, was forced to withdraw ā‚¬7,000 from his credit union account on three separate dates in May and that his son also withdrew his pension from a post office without permission.

Gardai believe the alleged injured party was then forced to travel with his son to the midlands and that they stayed at a flat in Mountmellick for up to 12 days.

Solicitor Darach McCarthy said his client is entitled to the presumption of innocence and he rejected suggestions he will not stand trial if released.

He said he was concerned with some of the detectiveā€™s evidence ā€“ describing it as a narrative which was not relevant.

The detective accepted the defendant has a ā€œfractiousā€ relationship with other members of his family.

Granting bail subject to the lodgment of substantial independent surety, Judge Larkin imposed a number of restrictions on the defendant.

One of the conditions is that Mr Oā€™Connor not have any contact with his father or with any potential witnesses in the case.

Awful cruelty

6 Likes

I know. Fucking Mountmellick I ask you. However, one prominent poster on here did go there on holiday once, so we shouldnā€™t be too hard on the place.

Good timesā€¦ sniff

1 Like

The old regatta in Foynes was always a great day out . Ballylongford always had a good one too.

Went for a nice drive through East Limerick, West Tipp and then back again through South Limerick yesterday. Was discussing same with a work colleague and the town of Hospital was mentioned - ā€œIā€™m not familiar with East Limerickā€ he informed me, at which point I pointed out that Hospital was, in fact, located in South Limerick. This vexed him, he was adamant it was East Limerick.

So it begs the question, where does East Limerick end, and South Limerick begin?

To me Hospital is most definitely South Limerick, and they prefer their football to their hurling like the boys down the road in Ballylanders & Anglesboro. Im going to go with the following map, as to what the actual area of ā€˜South Limerickā€™ is, others may disagree. The likes of Croom and Fedamore are anomalies as far as geography is concerned, theyā€™re not really South or East, more central Limerick than anything really, but are lumped in with the South & East respectively when it comes to Gaelic Games.

The IRA had it sorted 100 years ago. East, mid and west. City in md.

1 Like

Emly is ripe for annexation there, think of all the revenue limerick would gain from having Oā€™Donnell Engineering.

Decent pitch there too

Decent pitch there too and The Tatch.

1 Like

East Limerick is centred on the N24. There are frontier areas like Ballybricken and Fedamore that have been annexed by East Limerick, but basically once you go beyond Caherconlish in any direction, you are encountering a change in state of mind.

1 Like

They call it the ā€œTippeningā€

Or the ā€œTowningā€, or the ā€œCorkingā€ or the ā€œKerryvatingā€

Caherconlish is essentially the centre of the universe.

I have family there. Salts of the earth

Shooting in kildimo,two farmers one dog,more to follow

Update,two dead dogs one injured farmer

What breed were the dogs ?