Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Is that the place with no windows?

[quote=“Bartholemew_the_Ladd, post:8674, topic:8645, full:true”]The Munster Fair Tavern had the best Guinness by far.
[/quote]

Was only in there once, after the 2013 Tipp game, and was highly impressed that they had Guinness, Beamish and Murphy’s on tap. Meant to return to do the Three Stout Test, but never have.

1 Like

Plenty of regulars in there, all decent sorts as well.

Proper pub…great for auld lads.

3 Likes

Watched Liverpool win the 2006 FA cup in there with a lad I know and a friend of his, plus 2-3 others - it was a quiet Saturday. Great craic in there and good banter with the barman who was a United fan.
The friend of mine had gone there for the 2005 champions league final, and decided it was a lucky pub. Was disappointed when the same fella told me we’d be watching the 2007 final at Geraldine bar.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say there’s much daylight in there

Ah its proper pub,

You’ve a good knowledge of Limerick pubs for a Tipp man pal.

Been living here on and off for over 15 years and don’t like to just go into the same auld liveless places. There’s a rake of pubs I’ve never been in in the city that I’m always interested in checking out. Have it in my head to do a pub trail some Saturday of unvisited city centre pubs (cc @ChocolateMice)

1 Like

Got dragged into a Monday club in the Munster Fair Tavern about a year ago. Savage craic. Went from there to McLysaght’s, The Horse & Hound & Rasher’s before finally calving in Patsy’s.

1 Like

My father in law is a regular in Rashers. I still haven’t been to Patsys strangely enough.

Patsy’s is a fine spot. Was there last week, though and the porter was strangely iffy.

Some amount of pubs around that part of town.

Never been for a pint in The Moose Bar but it’s on the to do list someday!

You need never amble further downtown if you got into a good session around the Southeast quarter.

I think the square bar is up for sale isn’t it?

Ah it’s not, is it? It’s my go to spot for pre Limerick FC match day drinking. Sound lads behind the bar.

Mind you there was a communion party complete with a DJ on in there a couple of months back and it was a dodgy enough crew it attracted. We fucked off sharpish.

A bunch of 8 year olds scared the shit of ye ? :laughing::grimacing:

2 Likes

https://m.myhome.ie/commercial/brochure/the-square-bar-st-johns-square-city-centre-limerick-city-co-limerick/2826614

''Twas the oompa lumpa female relatives - mother, grandmothers and great grandmothers (prob not even 70!) - which did it for us!

My father in law would be a regular there as well.

He’s a gas man.

Anytime I’m in there on Saturday afternoons it’s always busy but not sure if it’d do much trade midweek.

It’s small inside but I like it. Hope it’s maintained in its current guise anyway.

I was pulled in outside Michael Gleeson’s one morning. Gerry Powers was open. Two lads land on, one on the blower. I overhear him tell the other end he has arrived. Lad steps out of Gerry Powers, hand down the BACK of what looks like his y-fronts… shakes hands and swaps package for cash… two boys vamoose round the corner and yer man steps back into the shadows of Gerry Powers.

Heroin is shit.

1 Like