Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

You know how to make a few pound.

Ah ffs… This made me lol for quite a few mins…

Great bants here this afternoon .

1 Like

I do boss.

One of the victims has a very long post on Facebook about the incident.

What’s the gist of it?

Screenshot it there for us

Ah he’s very easy to find. A prominent Killmallock gaa man. Constantly giving out about county board and referees under Matt o’Callaghans statuses!!

If he’s posting about it Facebook then he’s happy enough for it to be in the public domain. Please screenshot it, guys.

You have the posters here so on their guard about potential libel, there is no chance they’ll post it.

Just seen this lads snapchat story from sunday night. He received a nasty aul gash to the leg.

Just walking down Glentworth Street and I noticed that a new Thai restaurant has gone into where Khing Thai was. Called Zo Zabb. Hopefully it’s even a little bit as good as what was easily the best Asian place in the city.

Intriguing. Was it open?

1 Like

I had a bit of lunch Saturday in Lana on O Connell Street and it was more than decent.

Yep. Might give it a try this weekend.

Lana in Castletroy is gone to shit IMO. Joe Cannings place is only OK its not great either. King Thai is the best Thai I had in city.

I was very disappointed with Camille, not a patch on Khing. Haven’t been to Lana in Castletroy, the one in town is decent.

It’s a pity they got rid of Kaya in town and changed it to a Lana to be honest. I’ve gone to the Lana in Raheen a few times, and it’s nice. Was there the other evening and at Joe’s place a few weeks ago. Would probably put Lana slightly ahead of it. The Mrs is a vegetarian and there were hardly any vegetables in her meal from Camille.

Thai Gourmet used to be the (only) place for Thai in Limerick, but haven’t gone there in years.

Thai Gourmet was awful mate, @turrenne would have been disgusted, completely inauthentic sugary sauces.
Khing was head and shoulders the best in town, I like Camille as well, they do fried potatoes (is that an Asian thing?) with chili and spring onions that are to die for.
No internet presence whatsoever for this new place yet.
Have you been into Joe’s? They’ve a bit of work to do but it looks ok, the butcher counter is decent enough but I don’t know will they sell enough meat to make it worthwhile holding onto.

I popped into Joe’s Saturday night for a gawk. Thought they might be stocking beer but ended up buying a can of club orange :joy:
I only went in to have a look so had to buy something. Nice place. If they do hot chicken rolls for €3, they’ll make a killing from all the students who ate them five days a week.

Thai Gourmet was very good about 12/13 years ago. Last time I was there was 5/6 years back and it had gone downhill. I think ownership may have changed. The fat man who owned it with his Thai wife retired by all accounts.