Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Same problem as @Bandage’s life partner so

Aye

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post:9156, topic:8645, full:true”] At least the front part anyway.
[/quote]

Less of that now. We’re sound.

:grinning:

I forgot…

Is it first come first served or what with these new houses? The open their doors at 9am and the first five in with the €335k get a house each? If there’s such demand for these houses why not auction them. Might get €380k each.

Good question. Id imagine if you put up an estimated value of 335 k and sale through auction process it would put off a huge amount of buyers. Very difficult to buy through auction if you are using a mortgage to buy. High potential to lose deposit at minimum if you are successful bidder and cant complete.

Very few houses sell by auction really in greater scheme of things

That’s a good question

Possibly due to a clause with the bank most likely.

Ripe for a quick flip?

Doubtful pal, they’re overpriced for where and what they are.

Ah ok. Was just wondering if a lad walked in with a wad of cash would it be worth his while?

If you bought for 335 the next purchaser would have a fair job convincing their bank to lend against a higher value than that for a while id say. Lending against lesser of cost/valuation/recent comparatives now I believe

1 Like

Back when I bought in 2004, the bank tried to convince me to buy a second and flip it.
Resisted at the time. In 2006 a house 2 doors down went for roughly a 100k more then what I had paid. In 2010 the same house sold for about 35/40k less then what I paid

1 Like

I wouldnt think so mate,

Look at the max rent you’d get vs mortgage repayments net of tax (plus hassle) not a chance.

1 Like

I’d say the developers are happy to leave €100k on the table and have them all sold straight away rather than prick around for an extra €20k or so.
Estate in high demand, next tranche will be “highly anticipated” where as if they were slow to sell people would be saying their something wrong with them

:flushed: I’ll have to keep an eye out for you mate

If Flatty brings his own caravan there’s a free site for him in Askeaton

I could see @flattythehurdler happy out somewhere along the Shannon, swimming his little heart out. Do what @carryharry said, buy in Killaloe Flatty

1 Like

Been here 2 years pal.

Again Mike , what could go wrong ?

1 Like

Wading through thousands of posts here so I can get the gist of what is going on and not look like an out-of- touch fool. Hopefully I’ll have something to say on the matter in a few days.

2 Likes