Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

So it took 12 UK guards and 10 of our own apes from Bruff to kick in the back door? And this related to sex abuse allegations stemming from the 90s? They weren’t exactly dealing with an armed mass murderer here. Why were such resources used? I suppose they all filed for overtime the utter cunts.

If 12 UK officers are being sent over then it’s a major investigation. Should they be left off to do whatever they feel like?

Of course not but how dangerous is someone involved in sex crime (going by what leader article says) that 22 cops are required to turn up at the door? You’re usually dealing with an old man in these cases? If there was a fight outside a chipper in Rathkeale or Askeaton with a fella getting his head kicked in there wouldn’t be a guard show up inside the hour. But we’ve 22 turn up to this house in Dromkeen. Was it a pre dawn raid? There’s overtime if so.

1 Like

You have a wonderful in depth knowledge of these things.

:rollseyes:

IMG_2200

3 Likes

Birdhill wins the 2017 Tidy Towns

It’s a ghost town now with the motorway,
Matt the threshers still a haven of service without a smile.
Is the Matt the Threshers in Dublin any relation?

Same crowd. It wouldn’t be hard to keep the place clean these days since no one ever goes through it.

Apparently they upped their game recently. My parents have started to go there regularly. I think a son/daughter is running it and has turned it around.

Birdhill isn’t a town by the way. It’s a glorified townland in the parish of Newport.

One of the head honchos of their TT committee took down some of our posters for our cycling sportif (which had permission from council) the last few years so they can stick their tidy towns award up their snobby bollix.

I was in there recently and a real hard faced Asian lady appeared to be in charge and was treating the staff like shit.
The food was only OK

Strange. My mother - who’d be one for complaining about service and has given out yards about MTTs in the past - was very complimentary about it recently.

The service was OK to be honest, it was the hatchet faced lady in charge that left the sour taste and you appeared to have no choice except to pay her, nobody else appeared to be entrusted with taking money.

I had a coffee there last Sunday week. The place was nicely busy, that old wan wasn’t around thank fuck.

What about Matt the Miller in Kilkenny, a cousin?

Yup & Pat the Baker is a distant relative as well.

1 Like

Had Zo Zabb again last night - it was very very good. I’m willing to declare it a satisfactory replacement for Khing.

The two lads in the Curragower have taken over Finnegan’s and The Westward Ho. Should be an improvement. Best of luck to them.

The westward what?

The Westward Hoes, it’s a brothel

3 Likes