Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Where is the westward hoe I’ve never heard of it? About time Finnegan’s was taken over and rejuvenated. It is gone to the dogs having been a great place for a bit dinner or breakfast in the 90s. I remember in my youth that being brought to either Finnegan’s, the Texas stakeout or the Jasmine for an all you can eat Chinese was the height of fine dining.

Mungret.

Is there a pitch and putt attached to it?

Yes

2 Likes

if that Finnegans in Annacotty? they used to do a great breakfast there around 15 years ago, I used to always stop there for the breakfast on the way to Dublin

1 Like

Yes mate, it’s gone to shit for the last few years. This should be a big improvement.

Did they not dig that up years ago when yet man from Askeakin bought it?

Ya, that’s in bits, @balbec was only using it as a point of reference. It’s enough to reopen the pub

1 Like

Old news.

What’s old news? they only took it over from last Friday.

Was known two months back

Howya Cian.

Not for years,The topsoil was stripped off and sold back in the day.

I thought twas mentioned on here ages ago. Definitely been the word on the street the last couple of months.

I read it here ages ago alright

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy is Shanahans still open ?

Closed a few years now. Was a proper old style pub with toilets out the back and kitchen behind the counter. Grand place for evening drinking.

Played on that pitch and putt course a long, loooong time ago, it was challenge for a yung fella used to the niceties of Catholic Institute…

Stroke politics

Loughill is to get €94,500 :grin: That’s about €5,000 for everyone living there. Is that for the park thingy they are trying to build I wonder?