Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Massive. It’s not hard to fill out a fucking form and obviously all the other clubs managed to do it. Massive sympathy for limerick boat club, they deserve every support but only themselves to blame here

1 Like

Their application sank without trace, sadly.

It really muddied the waters.

They were hopeful of being thrown a lifeline but it wasn’t to be.

You had to stick your oar in didn’t you.

A rudderless club adrift in bureaucracy and you don’t care.

You would think that Blindboy would have written it for them.

They’ve basically been told to paddle their own canoe. The Chairman went through the roof when he heard they were refused

1 Like

There was an ocean of difference between valid applications and invalid applications.

1 Like

Looks like High St/Wickham st is becoming the hipster part of Limerick, with such places as this new wings place, Mother Macs, the vegan restaurant (technically Thomas street), wickham tap, and Steeper flanagans (cc @Phil_Leotardo)

2 Likes

Wings? A place selling wings as it’s main offering? That will end well.

Anyone been to the ‘Old fire station restaurant’ near there? Anyone i ever saw sitting outside it was a grade A hipster. Just looked on tripadvisor though and it has excellent reviews for their grub.

That’s the vegan/veggie place mate. Haven’t been due to the lack of meat products

It’s not bad at all, they do nice pizza and quichy things.
You can get a smashing takeaway salad there for 6euro

You must have passed loads of wings places on your way to Scotty’s diner mate, they’ll lap it up in Limerick

1 Like

Is that not Slipper Flanagans? As a young man I would have been in there and it was a shithole back then. I still say Buddies was the place to be.

It’s Stepper Flanagan’s, Norbert’s to locals

Is it open? I’ll check it out during the week

Not yet pal

Anyone any idea of where in Limerick you could get a custom made double family crest like example below?

Congrats pal. Delighted for ye. Not the most romantic way of asking but it will last a lifetime

Christmas party in The French Table this year, any good?

The food is good but it’s a dull spot for a Christmas party and a bit of a walk from anywhere decent as well

Never been. Supposed to be excellent though

1 Like