Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Slightly off topic but I saw a similar tweet yesterday except it was for the Phoenix Park… Turns out 480k people live within 5k of it :smile:

Other people were out while I was out and I want it to stop

2 Likes

In the early stages of lockdown I saw a girl i know getting highly indignant over the crowds in Curraghchase. Emphasising how she was exercising with her 5km, but people were coming from all over. I know where she lives and she would be a good 8 or 9km from the main road entrance.

I’ve no issue with her going there, but Jesus don’t be getting high and mighty about others doing the same.

5 Likes

@caulifloweredneanderthal

I go running every Sunday morning on the hills. It’s out of my 5km to get to the start. I’d meet a few walkers out here and there, and most of them would be 5km from their cars let alone their homes. I met a sheep farmer on a quad a few weeks ago who was probably the only person within the 5km. On the way home Sunday the playground and park was absolutely mobbed. If some of these people actually had the option of going to the forests etc without the fear of Checkpoints, it would ease some of the pressure (in the same manner, if people in Dooradoyle/ Mungret area could spin out to Curraghchase). Of all the restrictions, the 5km one is the one that I don’t get, particularly for those in urban areas. We have some nice walks nearby here, but they’re absolutely mobbed on a sunny day.

2 Likes

Good man.

You mightn’t agree with him but the councillor is very respectful throughout there and responded to every single post.

The likes of Emmett O’Brien on the other hand while you might take his side of the debate is clearly an ignorant prick

3 Likes

People often wade in with aggressive comments on Twitter, but if they actually get a response then they backtrack immediately.

He does in fairness as I look through the thread, he answers everyone. He seems a very active councillor in fairness. Your man Emmett seems a tad bonkers. As I said in the COTY thread, my Mrs had a few stories of him from his younger days that didn’t paint him in a good light, but we can all change.

They ran him out of his own GAA club sure.

1 Like

He’s another scaremongerer. Fucking out lines like “I can hear the traffic” and “we are in trouble”.

You’re right there. It also affects people differently and unfairly. Some people have a nice walk nearby or can get to the sea, others mightn’t even have access to a park.

He loves the word game changer

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Is he a total headbanger?

Only peopel with the annual pass should be allowed. Anyone who had one pre 2019. The back gate will be wedged

1 Like

Great to see someone stoking the fire of the worry index again, things were getting far too placid.

1 Like

People from Kilcornan were on the radio yesterday whinging like fuck about the place being packed last Sunday. What an absolute bunch of curtain twitching cunts.My sister in law lives back there and she’d be one of them,a typical Nuala/Noreen type character. She’s happy enough to break the 5km limit when it suits her.

6 Likes

Is it even worthwhile visit there? I drove past it once but never got out of the car.

Was still going strong in early 90s.