Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

If he came up from the river he probably passed through Myles Breen’s and Flannery’s before the Chicken Hut. On to Tom Collins then. He wouldn’t have been the first.

2 Likes

As the aul lads in Limerick City used to say

“ I never see a small rat or an ugly baby “

1 Like

That’s very odd the way he sauntered up the street in broad daylight, rats would generally avoid busy open visible places at all costs. I read something last year that urban rats have gotten way bolder however as food is scarce with restaurants shut and therefore less scraps on the streets, so they have to be bolder in searching for food. They say if you see a rat in daylight in a busy spot then there are loads more with him.

He’s a B117 be careful out there

He might have taken some poison. They go out then looking for water. That bloats them, they get disorientated and are close to death.

1 Like

Trust a fucking cat to know

Well we don’t want him to die down the back of the gravy bowl now do we?

That’s how it’s designed to work. Get them out in the open.

A great man

6 Likes

A beautifully written tribute.

I saw the fella most days for five years when he lived round the corner from me, and saw him at TRX a bit, but only knew him to say hello to.

@backinatracksuit knew him well.

Himself and his sister came to Corpus Christi the same year when I was a pup , and of course Una lectures above.

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve a friend who worked with him as well and was deeply upset by his passing.

Una’s a decent sort. Always got on well with her.

2 Likes

cc @Copper_pipe

Sounds like a standard night out in NCW

:grinning:

No point building them beside a mountain I suppose

Standard fare inside or outside Superbites

It brought me back reading that. The carnage at the end of the night in NCW is a sight to behold

No idea who yer man is.

They’d be some scraps in the square when the night is over. You’d be sitting down in the square eating a snack box waiting for a taxi and there’d be a scrap between 5 or 6 lads over in front of Superbites.

Looking back on it, going to Coolios as a young fella was like going to a boxing match except the fighters would be randomly selected from the crowds.

2 Likes

You’d be in the queue in Superbites and all of a sudden find yourself pressed up against the counter getting crushed by a critical mass of teenagers. Lucky to not get a box in the jaw

1 Like

I’m in tears here

I’ve been in everyone of them :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

@Tassotti 2’34 in :cry: