Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Why are they posting pictures of paris?

2 Likes

That’s thomond pal not the stade de France

D’Eiffel Tower really stands out in the first photo.

Paris is commonly know as the Limerick of France due to how romantic it is

1 Like

They could have at least included a photo of Finnegans.

What would have been the murder capital of Europe back in the 00’s ?

Limerick

The murder capital of Europe wouldn’t even rank on the USAs top 50 I’d say

Kaunas is the deadliest city in Europe with a significantly higher murder rate of 5.4 per 100,000 as of 2017. Kaunas is the second-largest city in Lithuania, with a population of about 383,764 that same year. This is less than one-tenth of the deadliest U.S. city’s murder rate: St. Louis, Mo., had a murder rate of 60.9 per 100,000 in 2018.

Limerick Limerick Limerick

The 2000s were our glory years, Drogheda has surely taken our title now.

As far as I know, they were born in Limerick but weren’t there long. I could be wrong on that. Parents had hotel in Dromineer that’s long gone. They went to primary in Nenagh, secondary in Castletroy but were still in Dromineer at that stage. Not sure where the folks are from

Sorry now but we can’t have this situation where we don’t know where these boys are from. There’s no such thing as “I’m from Limerick and Tipp”… it’s one or the other.

Ye can have them, we’ve plenty of billionaires at the moment so ye work away

3 Likes

Munster Rugby success is positively correlated with murder rates, while Limerick hurling is the opposite.

Really makes you think :thinking:

2 Likes

Gaa Gaa Gaa :clap:

Even Louth has more billionaires than Limerick mate.

Ah but we’ve the best ones

1 Like

The Collison family are from Moneygall. I think they had a shop there back in the day. A few of them saw action in the War of Independence and then went over to the National Army side. One of them Sean (Jack) Collison was killed in an attack by irregulars on a troop lorry near Nenagh. Another Jeremiah (Jer) was also a National Army Officer and won an All Ireland with Tipperary in 1916.

4 Likes

Informative rating. I saw some mention of Moneygall previously

Piss sodden shitholes every single one of them. This notion of romance and vintner concern is beyond laughing at. I hope they never open their doors again.

Who are the Limerick billionaires? Is JP one? Aidan Brooks there yet?