Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

A few years back you’d have been able to buy that house for €35k.

Why wouldnt you. Great location

I was milling the craftys in Limerick last night.

Crew had the hop on, on tap. Nom nom nom. My drinking partner said the crews own brew sour was unreal. I wouldn’t be one for sours myself.

On then to mother macs. A top top pub. Two pints of white hag mystic something or other. Fucking gorgeous. I had a pint of linemans something or other in between them but wasn’t gone on it.

Finished off the night with three pints of Guinness perfection in Flannerys of shannon street. Best pint in the city.

A grand auld night finished off by a demolition job on a chicken hut.

Met a stag out who had made the classic mistake, they were all coming from different places and assembled in Flannerys. Of course they all ended up in different pubs.

Town was hopping. Great to see stags and hens coming to Limerick, seeing more and more of them. Something you’d never have seen before.

Barmaid/bar person in mother macs was telling us the yanks were in all week buying fancy whiskeys. JP is a one man economic stimulus.

10 Likes

And they said @Julio_Geordio didn’t support local business :clap:

1 Like

I was in Mother Mac’s and Flannery’s Shannon Street last night also, and bumped into that stag. Great atmosphere around the place.

That Madrí is an unbelievable product of marketing. Came out of nowhere to now be everywhere you look. It has somehow ended up on the craft board in Mother Mac’s while being produced by one of the largest beer companies (or maybe the largest?) in the world.

Thought that bizarre myself. Its not particularly memorable

Don’t mind that whingy fucker @Horsebox he still has his communion money.
Some of us just go out and get it done, while other fellas are looking for problems

1 Like

Great little pub.

1 Like

It is, the regulars are mainly fairly old but it caters for everyone. Must be one of the few all carpet pubs around these days.

My other stops were the White House, a great spot early on when the sun is shining, and a brief stop in Mickey Martin’s. Turned out it was pride night there, I had the pleasure of listening to a Dub transexual making lewd comments over a microphone.

Flannery’s on Shannon Street is the pub I drink in most, although wasn’t there last night. Probably the best pub in the city (maybe Charlie Malone’s).

Have been to Crew a bit recently too and while it’s probably a bit notionsy for the likes of me, the beer is really nice.

My heart longs for a day on the beer in Limerick… It’s something I share with @flattythehurdler

2 Likes

Those LGBTs eh? Can’t be trusted !

Phil Flannerys at the top of the street?

Who or what is crew?

It was grand until he started squawking into the microphone.

1 Like

Beside Myles Breen’s.

Crew is a small craft beer place at the top of Thomas Street run by two fellas from Belfast. All the stuff is brewed themselves and what they have on tap is on rotation. By and large, the stuff tends to be really nice and I like the way they mix it up.

1 Like

I’m mixing my streets up ffs. Do they still do trad in that Flannerys once a week?

So crew is where the gay bar used to be?

Crew was nice last night. Out on the footpath and sun on the back. You could order food in the wickham market and they’d deliver it to you as well. Ideal.

1 Like

Crew is where the fire station vegan place was