Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

You okay mate?

It would suit a couple who are into that craic.Live upstairs.Steady enough trade as well.

Yep, would be a nice pub to run. Not sure how the midweek trade would be. From what I gather, the owners are retiring as opposed to it not being a viable interest?

Yeah, he’s been trying to retire for a while now.

They do a decent trade; obviously you’d want to look at numbers before you bought it. It’s a nice pub.

Would be cheaper than buying a house! Turn the bar into an Air B&B!

Great news.

Looking forward to my great, great grand kids benefitting from this when it’s eventually completed.

1 Like

You need not worry, it’ll be ready for the Ryder Cup in 2027.
And if there’s a strain on Shannon Airport we’ll get the Cork road done also.

I’d say if they started right now, they might get the Adare side done. No way they’ll have it all done for 2027. Sure they’ll be a year faffing about now before they turn a sod

I have every confidence it will take 40 years to build but the entire route seems fairly simple from a groundwork point of view. You won’t get many easier roads to build, it’s not like ‘they’ have any bottomless bog to traverse or mountains to chisel through but make the cut slightly too small in the process

The Adare part of it should be very simple anyway. Poor auld @Gary_Birtles_Lovechi will be living on a traffic island when they are finished

Be a fucking great job when it’s done, I was stuck in Adare for 15 minutes the other night and it wasn’t even busy

Perhaps the hardest aspect, he says, was the opening scene of the documentary in which he returns to the suite at London’s Savoy Hotel that his father kept for 28 years. “Being back in that room was tough,” he says. “Not just because of the memories but also because they’d changed it around completely. They had this terrible painting of him on the wall that looked like Rod Stewart. It reminded me of the statues of him in Limerick and Kilkee. I suppose that was a motivating factor for being in the documentary: to give an accurate portrait of the man. Because the ones that exist out there are all terrible.”

1 Like

This is how you do statues…

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

According to the planning Inspector’s report, the new road will reduce journey times between Foynes, Rathkeale, Adare and Limerick by between nine and 15 minutes.

Bono?

Has funding for it been agreed?

You hoping the local WhatsApp enthusiast will spit his dummy out again?? :grin:

Huh?

Our European overlords are paying for it

1 Like